10 schnoogens - IN
11 jerlins- IN
12 Roscodog -IN IT TO WIN IT!

LEAGUE NAME: NAKL 2013 SEASON 2
Password: Keeper

Jerlins

Re: NAKL - Chat Thread

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Ok, I'd like to put a vote moving forward on having a clock, even if it's a 24 hour clock, for the first round. Having a post from a player a player ONE PICK away from his own, then 25 hours later, still no pick, just isn't fair for the rest of us who'd like to keep this thing moving at a reasonable pace. One should reasonably assume his pick is possibly coming up within a 24 hour time period. Pick, or at least proxy your pick already. DAMMIT!!!!

Roscodog

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 am

Jerlins wrote:Ok, I'd like to put a vote moving forward on having a clock, even if it's a 24 hour clock, for the first round. Having a post from a player a player ONE PICK away from his own, then 25 hours later, still no pick, just isn't fair for the rest of us who'd like to keep this thing moving at a reasonable pace. One should reasonably assume his pick is possibly coming up within a 24 hour time period. Pick, or at least proxy your pick already. DAMMIT!!!!

I don't have a pick in the draft so it really doesn't affect me, but I agree with the 24 hr clock idea for the first round of drafts instead of no clock (even if it's 48hrs it's better than nothing). It's something I have been thinking of suggesting in all my leagues for a while. I guess great minds think alike. ;)

Jerlins

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 pm

7) There is no clock for Round 1 of each prospect draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 3 hour clock.

Well if my calculations serve me correct, Bigmahon is currently up as six 3 hour time periods have expired, since by history the time frame is 10am est to 10pm est. I haven't seen a suspension of this clock on these boards for the present draft, nor have I seen any vote on an amendment eliminating this rule.

Ninersphan

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Jerlins wrote:7) There is no clock for Round 1 of each prospect draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 3 hour clock.

Well if my calculations serve me correct, Bigmahon is currently up as six 3 hour time periods have expired, since by history the time frame is 10am est to 10pm est. I haven't seen a suspension of this clock on these boards for the present draft, nor have I seen any vote on an amendment eliminating this rule.

I've sent e-mail, if people want to make a pick and skip according to the rules, that's fine it's within the rules, I simply don't have the energy to really persue it more than sending the e-mail reminders...

bigmahon

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Well I'm here but I'd rather not skip. So please make sure I don't get skipped for not wanting to skip. 8-)

nythawk129921

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Im going to be away for the next few days so I am going to make a pick.3 weeks to make 14 picks is a bit ridiculous even for
someone as patient as me :roll:

Jerlins

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

I'll also make my pick at some point on Tuesday. I've been vocal about this, but gave the folks ahead of me a fair shake by waiting on my pick as well, out of respect. I think everyone above me in the draft order has been more than patient, but really, we're setting a bad precedent here, and think its time to move on with the draft.

Ninersphan

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 am

Jerlins wrote:I'll also make my pick at some point on Tuesday. I've been vocal about this, but gave the folks ahead of me a fair shake by waiting on my pick as well, out of respect. I think everyone above me in the draft order has been more than patient, but really, we're setting a bad precedent here, and think its time to move on with the draft.

Agreed:

Guys,

As has been pointed, this is getting ridiculous. There is no good reason short of death, a 2 round draft should be taking a month to complete. thisisdan26 is seemingly AWOL on a consistent basis and I'm not sure why as even when he shows there is no explanation for the long absences. At this point both thisisdan26 and wjs6768 have been skipped and I urge them to get their picks in ASAP, Madigan can pick anytime. I'm giving him until this afternoon before making my own pick, as i have to work until about 4pm.

I'm giving the entire league until Sunday at midnight to finish this draft, if you haven't picked by then, you forfeit your picks.

Roscodog

TRADE

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 9:53 am

Roscodog trades

C.Pena-1B
2014 6th round FA pick

to Madigan for

Konerko-1B

to be confirmed.

...If anyone has a catcher they want to move that's better than McCann for this season let me know.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat