2010 Keeper League Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

timklucinec

Re: 2010 Keeper League Chat Thread

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Drew,
You are correct. Drops aren't due until after the cards come out because of situations like yours. There are keeper leagues that are doing drafts before the cards come out which forces a manager to do a lot of research. You can do them early if you want, like me, because I've done a lot of research on my guys. Your boy Gausman will get a card according to the SOM Preliminary Baseball Ratings. He was marked as a Regular. He pitched 48 Innings as an SP/RP. Usually that means he will get a card. I know his ERA wasn't the best, but those are the decisions we have to make within our rules. So, you got time.

Tim

timklucinec

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Red Beards wrote:1 timklucinec - In; Lottery: No; Unleashed: Yes; Random Divisions: 1st Season-Yes,2nd Season-No
2 Cubit
3 WJS6768 - In; Lottery:No; Unleashed -Yes; Randon Divisions; 1st season -yes, 2nd season-no
4 FRANKMANSUETO - In/Lottery-NO/Unleashed-YES/Random Divisions-NO
5 JMP1 - I'm Back!: Lottery = NO; Unleashed = YES; Random Divisions = 1st season Yes, 2nd season No.
6 evanthomas- Lottery-No; Unleashed-no; Random Divisions-N0.
7 The Turtle - In Lottery, No, Unleashed No, Random Divisions No, No
8 Rant -- Back for another year; Lottery: NO; Unleashed: YES; Random Divisions: NO
9 drew6013 - In, Lottery:No , Unleashed:No, Random Divisions: 1st season yes 2nd season no
10 Red Beards - In, Lottery:no, unleashed yes, random division: 1st season yes, 2nd season no
11 thechamp87 - In, Lottery: No; Unleashed: yes; Ranom Division: Yes
12. Terry IN; Lottery-No; Unleashed- No; Random 1st and 2nd- Yes

timklucinec

PostThu Feb 13, 2014 1:26 am

Still waiting on Cubit to check in & vote. I emailed him. Anyone hear from on other threads?

Tim K

Cubit

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Thank you Tim for reaching out to me via email; I have been muddling through snow days, travel, and the typical breakdown of school order in mid February, but I let this slip entirely. Now that Spring Training Pitchers & Catchers are back in, I'll turn my eyes from Curling and Cross-Country relay in Sochi and get back to what really counts!

1 timklucinec - In; Lottery: No; Unleashed: Yes; Random Divisions: 1st Season-Yes,2nd Season-No
2 Cubit - In--even though late to get back on board; ,Lottery: No; Unleashed: Yes; Random Divisions: 1st Season-Yes,2nd Season-No
3 WJS6768 - In; Lottery:No; Unleashed -Yes; Randon Divisions; 1st season -yes, 2nd season-no
4 FRANKMANSUETO - In/Lottery-NO/Unleashed-YES/Random Divisions-NO
5 JMP1 - I'm Back!: Lottery = NO; Unleashed = YES; Random Divisions = 1st season Yes, 2nd season No.
6 evanthomas- Lottery-No; Unleashed-no; Random Divisions-N0.
7 The Turtle - In Lottery, No, Unleashed No, Random Divisions No, No
8 Rant -- Back for another year; Lottery: NO; Unleashed: YES; Random Divisions: NO
9 drew6013 - In, Lottery:No , Unleashed:No, Random Divisions: 1st season yes 2nd season no
10 Red Beards - In, Lottery:no, unleashed yes, random division: 1st season yes, 2nd season no
11 thechamp87 - In, Lottery: No; Unleashed: yes; Ranom Division: Yes
12. Terry IN; Lottery-No; Unleashed- No; Random 1st and 2nd- Yes

timklucinec

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Fellas,
With Cubit's final vote here is the final talley:
Lottery - No, 12-0
Unleashed - Yes, 8-4
Random Division Selection - Yes -1st Season, No - 2nd Season, 8-4
In For The Season - 12

So, the Lottery is abandoned, the Unleashed Card Set is adopted, Random Division Selection is adopted in the format:
1st Season - Yes, 2nd Season - No (According to the current rules, the best should have been in the East. I put them in the West for some reason. It will be "The East is the Beast" in the 2nd Season)

I will update the files. Also, as I stated in an previous post with Rant, you may start posting your Drops on the Drop Thread
I posted on the ILC. Drops will be due March 17. This will give us 2 weeks to study the cards. Then I'll develop the Player Availability List and start the FA Draft in a week or so, hopefully the last week of March. We'll try to shoot for starting the 1st Season by the end of mid April. Looking forward for another season with you all.
The Catchers & Pitchers are in Spring Training Camp and the rest to follow.
Let's get ready to Rumble and Play Ball!!!!

Tim K

evanthomas

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Tim, what are the min and max with drops? i.e., how many rounds of picks do we conceivably have, or could trade.

timklucinec

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Evan,
We must drop at least 10 players, no more than 15. We will have 10 Rounds and no more than 15 Rounds.

Tim

timklucinec

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Fellas,
I have updated the Rules Section which reflects the new Rules we voted on. Please review this section. It is located on the first page of this ILC Thread in the Master Files linc. Thanks for all of your help in the voting. I will put together the Draft Order based on the Win/Loss Records and Trades and post it here first before I put it on an ILC Thread.

Tim K

timklucinec

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Division Set Up:

LEAGUE SETUP
1)Salary cap is $200M, roster moves unlimited, FA drops 10%.
2) We will use the DH.
3) We'll play 2 seasons per year - one in April, one in July.
4) Divisional assignments will be determined by 2 Methods. Season 1 of the calendar year will be determined by the SOM Random Division Selection Method.
5) Divisional assignments for the Second Season of the calendar year will be determined by the final win/loss records of the previous
season, with the four best teams in the East division, the following four in the Central, and the remaining four in the West.
6) The league Commish shall maintain a record of all drafts, transactions and player movements and provide a copy to any owner on request.
7) All ties between teams will be broken by the previous season's head to head win/loss records. If this does not break the tie, cumulative win/loss head to head records will be used.
8) All rule changes must pass by a super majority - 8 owners or more.
9) There are no specific rules against "roster dumping." Owners no longer in a pennant race can use their best judgement in determining the makeup of their team, provided that all general roster size limits are met.
However, it is expected that all owners will act in the best interests of the game.

Tim K

thechamp87

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 6:48 pm

thechamp87 trade

Everth Cabrera
Jake Peavy
Dillon Gee
Jhoulys Chacin

to timklucinec for

Steve Cishek
Jose Altuve