WBKL chat thread - league full. Let's rock

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nythawk129921

Re: World Baseball Keeper League chat thread

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Sorry guys,I have been dealing with this ice and freezing rain.I will have my pick in shortly

lakeviewdave

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Hawk - Are you in the Carolinas? I'm in Raleigh and it started snowing at noon, next is freezing rain, traffic is not moving, everyone decided to leave work at same time and I bet there will be many who do not make it home tonight.

We may experience power outage overnight with the expected ice/freezing rain that is coming if occurs I hope to get proxy pick in, same probably applies to jmlopp as he is in Greensboro (I think).

Dave

The Turtle

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 4:34 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:Hawk - Are you in the Carolinas? I'm in Raleigh and it started snowing at noon, next is freezing rain, traffic is not moving, everyone decided to leave work at same time and I bet there will be many who do not make it home tonight.

We may experience power outage overnight with the expected ice/freezing rain that is coming if occurs I hope to get proxy pick in, same probably applies to jmlopp as he is in Greensboro (I think).

Dave

Why, oh why do people do this? ie go to work only to leave at noon knowing full and well there won't be a way home. ie See Atlanta. It would be like going to work knowing a Stage 4 or 5 hurricane is coming.

lakeviewdave

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Any most people around here think they can drive in the snow/ice. They didn't learn their lesson in 2005 when a similar storm came. Its not like we were not prepared for this either. If I was still at work I would just stay overnight, I'm sure there are people doing that. In the county I am in, a lot of kids are in year round schools so make up days are only on Saturdays, so today makes 5 snow days so far, tomorrow will make 6, who knows about Friday yet.

Can you imagine growing up and going to school on a Saturday?

The Turtle

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:Any most people around here think they can drive in the snow/ice. They didn't learn their lesson in 2005 when a similar storm came. Its not like we were not prepared for this either. If I was still at work I would just stay overnight, I'm sure there are people doing that. In the county I am in, a lot of kids are in year round schools so make up days are only on Saturdays, so today makes 5 snow days so far, tomorrow will make 6, who knows about Friday yet.

Can you imagine growing up and going to school on a Saturday?

I like year-round school, but they should save the snow days up and give them an extra week off or a long weekend (depending on how many bad weather days there are) in the summer instead of Saturdays

Michael Grammes

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 pm

People in S. Central PA just got power a few days ago... and now they are predicting a foot of snow again for this area... I sent my wife to her parents. We have electric heat, as do they, but they also have a fireplace... So if the power goes out (last time, we were fine) atleast they wont be freezing.

We already are expecting to open Domino's round 5 PM morrow, if at all.

So, I did what any husband and father would do on this unexpected time off...

Went to gamestop and bought the Legendary Edition of Skyrim! lol Here's to a day and a half of no sleep!

The Turtle

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Someone finally took Estrada, lol. That guy gets no love, even with a 1.08 WHIP.

Michael Grammes

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Ooh! And, I just ordered Papa Johns online! lol

Sometimes ya just gotta say screw it. But really, if ya haven't tried there Cheese Burger pizza yet, I suggest ya do so. Its F n aazing.

Jealous we didn't think of it!

nythawk129921

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 pm

The Turtle wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:Hawk - Are you in the Carolinas? I'm in Raleigh and it started snowing at noon, next is freezing rain, traffic is not moving, everyone decided to leave work at same time and I bet there will be many who do not make it home tonight.

Dave

Why, oh why do people do this? ie go to work only to leave at noon knowing full and well there won't be a way home. ie See Atlanta. It would be like going to work knowing a Stage 4 or 5 hurricane is coming.

Interestingly enough I am just south of Atlanta and yes the last "storm" 2 weeks ago was a complete and utter disgrace how the city and Governor handled the situation :roll: :oops: This time they just decided to shut the state almost completely down which was a helluva lot better decision than the last fiasco. I was born and raised in Chicago(30 years there) and at least whenever they even mentioned freezing rain or snow they were very pro active. Down here they wait until AFTER the fact to react.This same thing happened just 2 years ago and they apparently didnt learn their lesson then either.

Luckily I was only without power for a couple of hours today so I am happy about that and still got my man in Grandal :)

lakeviewdave

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Pick 363, mg pick in 31st round should be Michael Grammes, via a trade we had made.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat