• Author

bigmahon

Re: World Baseball Keeper League chat thread

PostThu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 pm

You're in!

jmlopp

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 am

I really hate these late rounds. I spend hours trying to decide whether to take Granny Hamner or Darryl Strawberry and then
somebody beats me to him, or I figure out that Granny is dead, or Strawberry has a hangnail and will miss the next 2 years.
It really gets me when you guys rub salt in the wounds by finding all the diamonds in the ruff out there and make me look
bad......stop it, stop it .......just stop it! :roll:

Mike 8-)

the ghost of roger maris

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 4:15 pm

jmlopp wrote:I really hate these late rounds. I spend hours trying to decide whether to take Granny Hamner or Darryl Strawberry and then
somebody beats me to him, or I figure out that Granny is dead, or Strawberry has a hangnail and will miss the next 2 years.
It really gets me when you guys rub salt in the wounds by finding all the diamonds in the ruff out there and make me look
bad......stop it, stop it .......just stop it! :roll:

Mike 8-)

its a crap shoot from here on out
this time last year who thought
Pujols would have a second bad season?
Or Verlander would fall from the ranks of the top 10?

The good news no one remembers the misses from these rounds and the ones you hit on seem oh so sweet
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

jmlopp

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I have an idea!
Lets pick:

1. Who will be the last player drafted in this draft!?

Now don't tell anybody, just PM me with your vote. I will disclose the winner when the last pick is in. (We could
also send it the Big Mahon). What do you think?

Mike

The Turtle

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Does anyone want Scott Van Slyke for a later round pick? I looked at my notes wrong. I really had wanted Sweeney. Now, that I have him, Van Slyke is on the block.

The Turtle

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 3:50 am

The Turtle wrote:Does anyone want Scott Van Slyke for a later round pick? I looked at my notes wrong. I really had wanted Sweeney. Now, that I have him, Van Slyke is on the block.

Only looking for a round 40 pick for him. .807 OPS last year.

bigmahon

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 am

Guys, we are getting close to the end of the draft, so it's probably a good time to remind everyone that we are all responsible for being able to field a legal SOM roster from our drafted 40 man roster. Absolutely no player movement is allowed outside of the draft / cut process specified in the rules, and / or via trading. The 40 man roster you draft here will be your 40 man roster the completion of this year's Season 1. After Season 1 managers can drop up to 3 players and replace that same number via the Supplemental Draft. Also be reminded that only carded players are eligible for the Supplemental Draft between seasons. The ONLY time you can select a non-carded player is via the Prospect Draft, and only then if said player qualifies under our definition of a prospect.

Thanks!
big

lakeviewdave

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 8:43 am

For Supp draft, where does it say a player has to be carded? All that th Supp draft states is that any player with MLB experience prior to start of the current MLB season is eligible. Even thhe Annual Spring FA Draft doesn't say anything about carded players, only for initial draft.

So by your interpretation, a player like Christian Bethancourt, who had 1 AB in 2013, is not eligible for initial draft (no card), not elighible for Prospect draft (because has MLB experience) or the Supp draft (no card). So one has to wait until next year, if he gets a card to get drafted? Doesn't make any sense.

bigmahon

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 am

In all of the keeper league's I'm in, it is assumed that only carded players are eligible. I borrowed the rules from one of my other leagues, and you are right they aren't explicit about only carded players being eligible.

I'm not at all interested in fighting about it, so happy to allow the Supp Draft to become a loop hole.

IMHO it makes ZERO sense to have un-carded players on rosters. And if people insist upon drafting unleashed players and using them in the second season, I'll drop out.

big

lakeviewdave

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:10 am

Everyone will have un-carded players on rosters once your prospects are promoted and do not have any MLB experience yet. I would agree that this league is for regular carded players only, unleashed players are not allowed to be used (though you may have some on your roster), I think this was clear at the start.

As far as supp draft, what do others think? I am only interpreting what the league rules currently specify. I am not against drafting only carded players, but the rules do not specify that. One should not have to assume what is meant by the rules, only causes confusion.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat