Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 am

RULES

Draft 80 mil cap
20 rounds, 19 players, one park.
Waivers guys go at the top of the draft list.
5/10/20 waivers
Advanced
no frenzy
No clock fIrst round. Three hours thereafter.
Clock is 7 to 7 PDT
No Clock on Weekends
Remember to turn Proxies on the first time or they won't run

East
Smokey
Jeepdriver
Spider
joethejet

Central
Chasenally
gbrookes
BigAlric
Semper Gumby

West
Stoney18
nythawk129921
ArrylT
Corky
Last edited by joethejet on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 43 times in total.

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - To LD or not LD...

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 am

The rules above will change once we figure out exactly how we're drafting. I'm assuming 80 mil cap since that's what we've always done for the first round.

I will post the NLD history here soon.

Ok, who's in for the next round?

East
JAMESZIMMER
Jeepdriver
bigmahon
joethejet - IN

Central
durantjerry
gbrookes
BigAlric
Semper Gumby

West
Stoney18
nythawk129921
ArrylT
Corky

bigmahon

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 am

I don't get the thread title. This the NLD, so no matter what we will do some sort of LD. :?

Stoney18

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 8:05 am

East
JAMESZIMMER
Jeepdriver
bigmahon
joethejet - IN

Central
durantjerry
gbrookes
BigAlric
Semper Gumby

West
Stoney18 -IN
nythawk129921
ArrylT
Corky

gbrookes

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am

East
JAMESZIMMER
Jeepdriver
bigmahon
joethejet - IN

Central
durantjerry
gbrookes - IN
BigAlric
Semper Gumby

West
Stoney18 -IN
nythawk129921
ArrylT
Corky

gbrookes

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 am

I'm in either way, but just curious - are we using diamond dope? Or did strat increase the available time on the new live draft program?

I would have asked about whether we're doing it on the boards, but I read that you're talking about having proxies "loaded" so I'm assuming it's not that.

Just curious. Glad we're getting it going!!
:)
Geoff

Corky

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 am

Very strange that this thread would be started when we don't even have a clue how we are going to draft yet, especially when not everyone has chimed in yet. I thought the other thread was constructive. Just be aware if we do the 'crapshoot' draft for the very first go around and we up it to 2 minutes to try and avoid utter chaos you are looking at the potential of a 10 hour draft (300 picks X 2 minutes each). obviously not every pick will take the full allotment but even half would yield a 5 hour draft. Or we can lower it and try and enjoy the chaos. I'm so against this right now but I don't want to lose my place in the league. I'm hoping others come to there senses and not let their urge to start ruin the beginning of NLD35.

bigmahon

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Corky, I'm not in a rush at all. And I certainly haven't lost my senses (yet anyway :lol: ). I don't think anyone else here is in a rush either. The issue for me is Board draft (highly undesirable to me personally) v. new SOM draft app draft (less than ideal, but also less undesirable to me personally than a Board draft).

What I've consistently tried to say on the other thread is that these quick drafts are not as frightening / risky as they might appear. I guess you all don't play other fantasy sports, because if you did you would have experienced these 90 second pick drafts. Normally, there is up to 30 minutes prior to the draft when you can access the app and create a 'queue' of the players you have on your radar. This greatly reduces the pressure during the 90 second window, as you have a short list to work with.

Regarding total length of draft, I've never seen one approach 3 hours, much less 5 or 10. So I am not at all worried about that.

But let's keep the conversation going. Good to get it all out in the open now! 8-)

gbrookes

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Just FYI, I emailed strat to ask then when the live draft would be updated to a allow longer draft times, like 3 hours. They have publicly said that they're planning on making that available at some point. Hopefully I'll get a sense of their timing when they reply. I pointed out that is was hoping to have the longer turn picks as part of my plan for a live draft in the PC finals (tentatively anyway).

JAMESZIMMER

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 pm

gbrookes wrote:East
JAMESZIMMER- OUT (too many teams)
Jeepdriver
bigmahon
joethejet - IN

Central
durantjerry
gbrookes - IN
BigAlric