GAME OF HAROLD RAMIS MEMORIAL THRONE LEAGUE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MEAT

Re: GAME OF HAROLD RAMIS MEMORIAL THRONE LEAGUE

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 3:31 pm

messaged cal and catom...Al may not be back until pm from his ski trip to take us into second round after mark.

TomSiebert

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Kershaw is $2.33MM more than the #2 SP in this year's set! That was too dominant to pass up! I can't believe he lasted as long as he did! Exclamation point!

tws

Al Hogg

I'm Back in Town

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 pm

We just rolled into town. I'm going to get the boys into bed, then start looking at this year's cards. I'll make my picks before I go to bed tonight.

I'm catching up on messages. Apologies if my absence spoiled a live draft. I had posted when I signed up that I would be out of town for a long weekend:

Al Hogg wrote:The boys are off school on Monday, so we're taking a Wisconsin ski trip this weekend. (Just haven't gotten enough cold and snow yet this winter. :roll: ) If by some chance the draft gets going, I might not be the promptest to respond.

Sorry that I didn't reiterate this before I left. That was after Meat had posted the draft order that showed me 12th, so I figured I'd get a text if it came around to me.

MEAT

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 pm

welcome back Al...if you read all the messages, you'll see we couldn't dream of having this league without one of our anchors, even though we got an offer to get us to 12 and go live. kinda like Yes touring with a singer other than Jon Anderson...

TomSiebert

PostTue Mar 04, 2014 12:25 am

We Trevor Horne fans everywhere are devastated by the gratuitous YES reference.

tws

Al Hogg

PostTue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 am

moneymaze wrote:Are the three divisions determined?

I am operating on the assumption that we're doing this based on draft order again, so:

East
MEAT
uptownmastermind
tomsiebert
CATOM

Central
Moneymaze
SGTD
ehlekev
kramed77429

West
terry
ZIMMER
calbatross
Al Hogg

TomSiebert

PostTue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Just wanted to weigh in here to put the divisions back near the top of the chat page, and lament the brutal back-to-back weaselings of Carpenter and CarGo that left my lineup strategy in tatters and sent me scurrying back to the comforting warmth of premium starting pitching. At least now half my rotation is done. No idea what to do next. Unless it's pick up another SP*.

tws

MEAT

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 am

guys, the draft is UNDERWAY...show up please. eleven others are counting on you. if you're gonna be away let us know, I've reached out to pretty much everyone through methods I was given to contact, but we should all be checking in regularly. this was a LOST day...

TomSiebert

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 7:10 am

Just a warning that Thursday I'm traveling to Texas for SXSW and the five days after that are going to be VERY busy for me. People should feel free to contact me via text and I will do what I can.

tws

moneymaze

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Draft is moving again. The headline now is seven of the top eight * pitchers (starting once every four days) are gone, with two each going to Tom, Meat, and me. There's still plenty of them left, however.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat