NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: NLD35 - To LD or not LD...

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 1:44 pm

joethejet wrote:Big M,

I'm not sure I agree with your comment about "maybe four managers replied" From what I can tell, Nine managers checked in on the dates I posted. Since we have to replace Zim and DJ is MIA, that left only Corky to check in and he already said he didn't really want to do a live draft.

East
JAMESZIMMER - out
Jeepdriver - In anytime
bigmahon - In on above times (few posts up)
joethejet - IN either day

Central
durantjerry - no word yet. prob need to replace hasn't checked in
gbrookes - IN: Prefers Saturday
BigAlric - IN Saturday "very bad", Sunday good
Semper Gumby - IN Saturday OK, Sunday on plane.

West
Stoney18 - IN either day
nythawk129921 - In either day
ArrylT - IN Saturday "not likely", Sunday *maybe*
Corky - in w/reservations/check back in

Remember I said, "let's find a date" while I think the live draft that they have will be problematic, I am willing to try it. The problem, as I feared, is that we have such disparate time zones and schedules.

I gave my availability. While I didn't address specifically the times you suggested, I guess I just figured silence was consent. I would have sounded off, like AT and someone else did if the times didn't work for me. I agree that the times that you suggested are the ones we'll have to work with.

The biggest problem with have with the 22nd is AT's work schedule and that Semper is probably on a plane to South Korea on the 23rd. Big A can't really do the 22nd it seems while GB prefers Saturday and AT is a maybe on Sunday.

I share your frustration with finding a date. Seems that Sunday is still a possibility if Semper's schedule changes, and AT and GB can make it. I'm not sure when they will know that. AT/GB Maybe you guys can let us know when you'll know.

If Semper doesn't travel and Sunday works for GB and AT, then we'll have to find 2, maybe 3 (depending on Corky) new players that can make the date/time we have decided upon.

We can start looking at the weekend after too.

I think that is the current status.

I might be able to make a Sunday, 2PM or later ET, or else early on Sunday morning ET.

Corky

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 2:39 pm

I check these boards more than 5 times a day on average. If I don't post it doesn't mean I haven't checked in, just that I had nothing to add at the time. I also had responded to BigM's post. Even though I disagreed I was still willing to go with a live draft. I'm extremely busy right now and was waiting for a consensus date and time rather than post when I "might" be able to make it. That would have been my ultimate decision on whether I can play or not.

BigM,

I would be very sad to see you go as your a rock in this group. Its not that I haven't read what you've posted its just that we disagree on a couple of things. Lets replace who hasn't responded and get going with those of us that care. Really hoping you will reconsider.

gbrookes

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Corky wrote:I check these boards more than 5 times a day on average. If I don't post it doesn't mean I haven't checked in, just that I had nothing to add at the time. I also had responded to BigM's post. Even though I disagreed I was still willing to go with a live draft. I'm extremely busy right now and was waiting for a consensus date and time rather than post when I "might" be able to make it. That would have been my ultimate decision on whether I can play or not.

BigM,

I would be very sad to see you go as your a rock in this group. Its not that I haven't read what you've posted its just that we disagree on a couple of things. Lets replace who hasn't responded and get going with those of us that care. Really hoping you will reconsider.

Agree 100% - hoping you'll reconsider BigM, and agree with all your comments corky!

joethejet

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 pm

I guess we're just waiting to hear if AT and Semper can draft next Sunday? (3/23/14)

gbrookes

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm

joethejet wrote:I guess we're just waiting to hear if AT and Semper can draft next Sunday? (3/23/14)

What time?

gbrookes

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:If the league drafts on Sunday, 23 March, I'm aboard an United flight headed to Seoul. Unfortunately, I've not seen wi-fi service on United's Asia flights. If so, I could pull the draft off. :D

It looks like the 23rd doesn't work for Semper Gumby.

Semper, when do you think you could do the draft?

gbrookes

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:24 pm

^^^ or are you travelling on that day? One of the other posts (by someone else) seemed to imply that you might not be. - ?

joethejet

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:Hi

I'm in South Korea from 23-29 March. My plans could change and will know late next week.

GB, here's the post I was referring to. Sounds like he'll know for sure at the end of the week.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi

Here is my situation

I'm scheduled to attend a trade show in Seoul on 24 -28 March. Easy enough.

For the last seven months :shock:, I've been interviewing for an executive officer role with a well known Fortune 300 company. After a number of office interviews and industrial shrink sessions, I received a verbal offer on Monday. Before I can resign by current job, I need my future employer to finalize my compensation. If done early next week - I'm probably not going to Korea. ;)

I'm open to skip this round and catch you next NLD.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Hey Semper,

Congrats!

I think we've had enough turmoil and would prefer not to replace you. Let's see what pans out.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat