NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - To LD or not LD...

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Best of luck Semper!

I should know my status for the weekend of the 22-23rd by Monday hopefully. Perhaps tomorrow.

Corky

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 pm

I vote to put this on hold a month or so....then we can start up with no excuses as everyone will be familiar with cards and live draft windows might be finalized. This doesn't seem like a great time for several of us.

joethejet

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Corky wrote:I vote to put this on hold a month or so....then we can start up with no excuses as everyone will be familiar with cards and live draft windows might be finalized. This doesn't seem like a great time for several of us.

Hi Corky,

well, it might take us a month to actually find a good weekend for everyone! I think that we should go for it as soon as we find a weekend day that will work.

I'm afraid if we start looking for a date in a month, we will take another month (or two) to find a good date.

Corky

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

That may be true Joe. Although I think we should concentrate on getting the replacements first to get their input. I think we should be a little picky this time and get active guys who won't hold us up and will be fun here on the forums. I think it should be easy enough to find a couple of those guys.

joethejet

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Corky wrote:That may be true Joe. Although I think we should concentrate on getting the replacements first to get their input. I think we should be a little picky this time and get active guys who won't hold us up and will be fun here on the forums. I think it should be easy enough to find a couple of those guys.

Totally agree with you about guys who are willing to be active on the forum.

I guess I'm sort of thinking that we set a date with the guys we have and then find guys who can make that date. Gives us that fewer people to organize.

Semper Gumby

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Joe thanks.

Old or potential new job, I'm still heading to Korea next weekend. :shock:

joethejet

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 12:57 am

Ok, Semper, I guess that means that we have to start looking at the 29/30. AT, I assume you're working for sure on the 29th?

In any case, if you guys could check in. I can't go in the afternoon on the 29, but I'm fine on the 30.

Jeepdriver

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 am

Geez.

Just a couple of things. I have never known the cards that well when we live draft the first time of a new season. We have never delayed our first LD for that reason. That said, the bigger problem is getting everyone together at the same time. I know real life takes priority, but I'm not sure why we couldn't set aside a couple of hours and put off to another time whatever interfered. That's just me, I know others have a different view.

Regardless it's not looking good for all of us to agree on a time we can all be together, for whatever reason. The different time zones and work schedules prob the two biggest.

I understand Big M's frustration because I feel it too.

That's all I'm going to say on this matter. If yall can ever decide what to do I'm here.

gbrookes

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 am

The 29th/30th are unlikely to work for me - a short family getaway. Again, kinda bad luck, if those dates would have worked for others in the group.

One thing we busy folks may have to consider - it seems like it will be difficult to get us all in the very same place at the very same time, so to speak. If we want to do a quick live draft (which I think is a great idea), we might not all get in on the same live draft, and we might need to recruit a temporary member to pinch hit for the 1 or 2 of us that can't make it on that particular day.

So if the rest of you guys can make it work on the 29th or 30th, you can get someone to pinch hit for me on those dates.

Geoff

joethejet

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 am

<sigh>

Not sure what's going to work here. The funny thing is, even with as slow as a board draft would be, we would have been done by now.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat