Smokey gets:
Molina
Calhoun

Craig to confirm

Geeze, one little sweep and suddenly it's damn the torpedos ;) :D

Ninersphan

Re: HCKL Chat Thread

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Can I just say, the prospect draft for this league is my least favorite of any draft for any league.

It is so depressing year after year, to look at top 100 prospect listes for various sources and be lucky to find 5 guys that are still left from the top 50.

To many prospects taken in this league IMHO

rburgh

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 2:52 pm

I guess the HC in the league name is meant for real.

qksilver69

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Yep, what Craig said. I am still considering limiting it to 3 rounds instead of 5 and will take feedback on that, but I like that you have to dig deeper in this league than other keepers to find the diamonds in the rough.

Palmtana

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm fine with 5 rounds for prospects. Something different. But unless I'm missing something that is the only thing Hard Core about this league. To increase the HC factor I would suggest not having an available players list provided. Let everyone do their own research. Or if one is provided make it bare bones. Just names and positions.

Stoney18

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

I agree. It's bad enough that you illegally share information (ratings info) that is meant for individual purchase but to do so that everyone has the same level playing field. Who gives a shit! (ok, I've been drinking :D )

It this is truly Hard Core then let everyone do their own work.

qksilver69

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I'll take it under advisement on the ratings stuff, but Stoney USKL for the longest time had the salaries with the availables, that made drafting pretty mindless as I recall! :lol:

Seriously though, I think there are 2 things that make HCKL pretty hard core compared to other SOM Online leagues:

1) depth of prospects
2) pre-card drafting

Despite the basic stats I include it's still VERY different from drafts that happen after the cards come out, check out our draft vs. others, many players taken in Rnds 5 & 6 in a shallow draft that end up being difference-makers. I see quite a few $5 & 6M guys at that level in HCKL's draft that are being taken 2-3 rounds earlier in other drafts.

Cubit

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Yes to all that! Love Hard Core! Bring it on! More now!

burp.....

Cubit

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 6:03 pm

This league works differently from others in intriguing ways and will continue to do so with the multiple opportunities to invest in the future with the prospects choices and some assistance in working out the regular drafts.

qksilver69

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 11:07 am

Guys, here is my thinking based on Stoney's schedule (he is the only one who reported issues with starting next week):

Cuts by this Friday June 20

Simultaneous Prospect (2 rounds) and Supp drafts (3 rounds) posted Friday, untimed start on Saturday, official start Monday June 23.

Hopefully with that schedule we can finish by June 25 when Stoney will not be available, and/or I can take proxies with him for the last round if we are still on it. I intend to keep clocks from round 1 in each case, so please show up/check in by Friday. Draft order & such coming soon, by end of Weds.

Thx,
Qk
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat