NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD35 - To LD or not LD...

PostFri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks for letting me join. It looks like I have a ton to do to catch up with you guys. I haven't participated in a live draft for several years. Is it a "definite" that I should sign up for the "full year" on stratdraft.com or are you still debating the platform to use?

Semper Gumby

PostFri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Thanks for letting me join. It looks like I have a ton to do to catch up with you guys. I haven't participated in a live draft for several years. Is it a "definite" that I should sign up for the "full year" on stratdraft.com or are you still debating the platform to use?

Welcome!

You'll love the league. We've been together for more than a decade and still like each other.

As for the draft site, joe will know more about it. Do you have experience with the site?

joethejet

PostFri Apr 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:Thanks for letting me join. It looks like I have a ton to do to catch up with you guys. I haven't participated in a live draft for several years. Is it a "definite" that I should sign up for the "full year" on stratdraft.com or are you still debating the platform to use?

Welcome!

You'll love the league. We've been together for more than a decade and still like each other.

As for the draft site, joe will know more about it. Do you have experience with the site?

Spider, welcome aboard! Yeah, this is the longest running LD in SOMO. You can see our history in the link above.

As for what we're doing, we are waiting to hear from Stoney who has been checking out the site. As Semper says, do you have experience with it?

Spider 67

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 8:53 am

I have not had experience with stratdraft.com. I've read the site's Introduction and, on the surface, it looks like they've tried to cover a wide variety of options - but haven't forked over the bucks necessary to check things out.

My experience on live draft platforms is extremely limited - I think twice on diamond dope several years ago. Most of my "live drafting" has been on the boards - which is good for the early rounds, but tends to fall apart when two or three players lose interest and are skipped for several rounds. Then REPICKS take over and player availability becomes very confusing unless someone devotes their life to keeping everyone else (myself included) in line.

I will be fine with any method used to conduct the live drafts. It's highly unlikely I would be unavailable for extended periods (more than 4 or 5 hours at a shot) unless satellite internet issues intervene. I live in NC mountains, so heavy storms and high winds can put me out of commission for a bit. Computer illiteracy is my greater challenge.

Semper Gumby

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 am

I heard from Chasenally.

From his message, he's aboard to join are crew. :D

Jeepdriver

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Chase shot me a msg in league mail, he was having trouble finding our thread. I gave him directions. :D

Jeepdriver

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Spider - I can't be too far from you. I live upstate S.C. - small town between Greenville and Clemson.

Spider 67

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Jeep, I'm on the east slope of the Blue Ridge, about 12 miles from Boone, NC. Lived in Hickory, NC for 29 years before moving an hour north. We are about 3 hours from you, if you're near Easley.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm

6 mi from Easley. I live in Liberty if you've ever heard of it. Clemson is 12 mi away.

chasenally

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Hey I am in but here is my schedule. I work until 4pm mon-fri. I coach baseball mon wed and fri until 8 pst I can draft any other days. That's all I can do for now. I am sorry if that won't work Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat