NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nythawk129921

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Chase Up

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 9:34 am

Corky wrote:Stoney great pick with Sierra there! Didn't think he would slip in this early. My loss. :cry:

He wouldnt have lasted past the next pick because that is who I was targeting :x

Jeepdriver

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 10:20 am

If AT's proxies are gone we might be in for a wait.

chasenally

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 11:01 am

Had the first practice game last night and won 5-1. Chase pitched great with 3 K's and 1 walk in 1 inning. Out to the Harrisburg house to get it ready for rent. Don't need the tractor for this one thank God. It will be done this weekend and then you have my full attention.
I almost took Sierra or Kipnis also. I like the 1 at SS and thought one wouldn't be around next time. I am a big fan of a very good RP to eat up innings so drafted one in the 3rd. I like the site but haven't really been on it much yet.

MIke aka Tractor Boy
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Corky

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Just in case some haven't checked their emails, we got this from Arryl:

"Just an FYI that I am currently at work and won't be able to make a pick until around 6pm.

Sorry for the delay. I'll make sure to have my 4th round pick proxies load as well. I'll try to make further proxies as well as I work 11-6 on Sunday and am headed to the Black Sabbath concert so will pretty much be unavailable all of Sunday after 11am

cheers
Nicholas/Arryl"

I'm not in any particular rush, more just curious though as to why Arryl can send emails but not make a pick from his phone. I do it all the time.

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Jeep Up

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:05 pm

joethejet wrote:OK, cool. Good to know.

Made my pick. I'm curious, was anyone else planning on taking Scooter any time soon?

Chase is up. I think he's a west coast guy so he'll probably pick.

I might have considered him in a couple of rounds or so ...

ArrylT

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Corky wrote:Just in case some haven't checked their emails, we got this from Arryl:

"Just an FYI that I am currently at work and won't be able to make a pick until around 6pm.

Sorry for the delay. I'll make sure to have my 4th round pick proxies load as well. I'll try to make further proxies as well as I work 11-6 on Sunday and am headed to the Black Sabbath concert so will pretty much be unavailable all of Sunday after 11am

cheers
Nicholas/Arryl"

I'm not in any particular rush, more just curious though as to why Arryl can send emails but not make a pick from his phone. I do it all the time.

Because I am not even supposed to use my cell phone at work for personal reasons during work hours (breaks and lunches excepted). I sent that e-mail out as soon as I had a chance. Because I cannot bring my strat info to work with me nor access the stratomatic websites - believe me I have tried but they are blocked. Because the screen on my phone is too small to scroll through a draft website and try and find a player to pick. :P

Had I known who I wanted I would have had someone pick him for me, but since my first group of players were picked and I had no means at work, much less the free time, to do the research, it had to wait.

Anyways I will load some proxies for Round V and will check back tomorrow morning before work to update them. :)

ArrylT

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:20 pm

I could ask why, when there was only a 1 pick ahead of corkys turn, why a proxy wasnt loaded, but I wont. :lol: :P ;)

joethejet

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Just a reminder, we don't have the clock on on the weekend for a reason.

"Tractor Boy" Glad to hear your team did well. I take it that Chase is your son?

ArrylT

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:34 pm

What I dont like about the proxy process on this site is that you have to turn autodraft ON to add proxies. So if your turn comes up while you are making adjustments to your proxies you could get a mistake pick made. Have to remember to turn off the primary groups (ie set it to draft 0 players) first and then add the proxies and then turn on the groups.

I say this because I posted a proxy, and then while doing research realized that I wanted to draft someone else first. Had corky picked in that 10min time frame I would have been screwed, as my proxies were on but the order in which I wanted them drafted was not correct lol.

Corky

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Arryl,

Well that explains it then. Like I said, no particular rush just more curious than anything. I too must have my phone off at work (locomotive engineer), but I bring a sheet with me folded in my pocket of players at each position to draft. On my breaks I check the site and enter a pick/proxy from my smart phone.

ArrylT wrote:I could ask why, when there was only a 1 pick ahead of corkys turn, why a proxy wasnt loaded, but I wont. :lol: :P ;)

Because I have been checking all day and knew I'd be around to pick. This gave me the ability to change my mind on strategy if I elected too without holding up the draft for hours. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat