Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm

superflymacdaddyjuice wrote:
Stoney18 wrote:That was easy. Fixed

Thanks... Im gonna need every dime.

Great, I may need to borrow a few coins from you. I'm heading to my car and couch to check on loose change.

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - gbrookes is up

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Me too Smokey! Picking up Donaldson was expensive. Curious, no reaction to the trade? What do you guys think? Good trade? Bad Trade?

Sent GB an email. I'm ready to pick for Chase assuming Gb doesn't take soto.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 pm

I played against Donaldson in the F2F tour this weekend. He play "meh" - as the David Wright type injury cards out played Donaldson's.

Hard to tell where trading for Donaldson takes you - seemed early to grab him at the corner with a few viable cards still available.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

GB is skipped.

Picked Soto for Chase and we moved on to Jeep.

Someone want to email GB? His email isn't on the owner page and I don't have my list here at work.
Last edited by joethejet on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:I played against Donaldson in the F2F tour this weekend. He play "meh" - as the David Wright type injury cards out played Donaldson's.

Hard to tell where trading for Donaldson takes you - seemed early to grab him at the corner with a few viable cards still available.

Yeah, perhaps. He Is pretty good I think. In a way I got a second round pick for a 6. As for you FTF league, as you found out, it's a dice game and a SSS to boot. We've seen anomalies when you play 162 to see bad things happen in < 30 games, you're going to get all sorts of weirdness. I remember missing out on a trip to our World Series because with Kuo on the mound (best pitcher in the card set that year) and a one run lead, I lost the game because Victorino, 1e1 in CF, dropped a flyball. C'est le SOM. :evil:
Last edited by joethejet on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:23 pm

joethejet wrote:
Semper Gumby wrote:I played against Donaldson in the F2F tour this weekend. He play "meh" - as the David Wright type injury cards out played Donaldson's.

Yeah, perhaps. Is pretty good I think. In a way I got a second round pick for a 6. As for you FTF league, as you found out, it's a dice game and a SSS to boot. We've seen anomalies when you play 162 to see bad things happen in < 30 games, you're going to get all sorts of weirdness. I remember missing out on a trip to our World Series because with Kuo on the mound (best pitcher in the card set that year) and a one run lead, I lost the game because Victorino, 1e1 in CF, dropped a flyball. C'est le SOM. :evil:

The dice aspect I enjoy as each event is independent.

Getting blocked at the plate multiple times by a 3e rated catcher is part of the game

Watching a BB turn into a winning run via three straight WPs against a WP-3 pitcher is part of the game

Watching a weak power hitter (barely N rated) take Mariano Rivera yard at AT&T with two on and two outs is part of the game

Having Dustin boot two balls in two innings is part of the game too

Getting crushed at AT&T with the opposing team hitting 4 BPHRs is pretty amazing too[list=][/list]

I played against quite a few national F2F champs and they spoke poorly of the online game engine. They feel the dice and card outcomes are dependent - sort of like my observations increased errors on the road.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed getting schooled - it was fun!

Semper Gumby

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 pm

joethejet wrote:Yeah, perhaps. Is pretty good I think. In a way I got a second round pick for a 6.

Of course, it depends on your park too. We'll surely see soon enough.

Stoney18

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Jeep is up; gb is skipped

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Played a series last week and Aaron Hicks, with hit chances of 8 & 10, went 6 for 6. Love this game!

Corky

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Smokey is up; gb is skipped

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Why does the current pick get over 5 1/2 hours before deadline in addition to another 3 hours for the second of back to back picks?

Last pick made:
    4/14 13:13:06

Currently:
    4/14 14:03:13

This Pick's Deadline:
    4/15 18:59:59

Corky

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Smokey is up; gb is skipped

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm

And now even odder, the deadline keeps pushing itself back.
    PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat