NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jeepdriver

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Big A is up

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 am

I'm not complaining, but with the blips of the new site, everyone's schedule, and our unfamiliarization of the proxy system, it has made for one laborious draft.

The proxy system is real easy to understand being very similar to DD. For those who can't check in often it's imperative you learn how to operate the proxies.

Now that said, I understand we have so many different time zones and work schedules combined with a new site it just ain't going to go smoothly this first time. So I'm being patient here and promise I'm not complaining. If your not one of the frequent check-ins, however, please try and learn how the proxies work if you haven't done so yet. TY 8-)

Spider 67

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 am

I had a problem with the sight accepting my changes to proxies - wouldn't do it for about ten tries. Somewhere in there I had hit the delay to end of my pick time (which I didn't want to do unless it wouldn't let me change from picking again from my pitcher list).

It finally accepted my changes, but I had not remembered triggering the "delay" on making the proxy pick. Sorry for causing the snag.

I've been trying to use the proxy system for most of my picks, just to avoid delaying the rest of the crew.

gbrookes

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Spider is up; gb is skipped

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 8:30 am

Joe (can't embed more quotes):

"
gbrookes wrote:
joethejet wrote:
Corky wrote:I've seen gbrookes on the draft site several times, including right now, but for some reason he hasn't made his expired pick.

He said it was goign to be a tough day for him. Maybe he messed up the proxies or something.

He just picked. Now we're wiating on Spider.

I picked Russel Martin a little earlier today. And no, I haven't been on the site, unless you mean stratdraft. I'm picking again right now.

GB, the site showed that you were on. Not sure how it *thinks* it knows. <shrug>"

Me: I think I logged on earlier in the day to make my pick, and then left it on. I thought I was good for awhile. :?

Semper Gumby

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 9:14 am

If it's anything, the draft engine doesn't reset the pick clock when a proxy is used.

You need to do a little more work seeing what players are picked and who is left at what price.

Otherwise, it beats anything else we proposed as a draft site.

Corky

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 am

Just made a pick but it won't let me pick my second guy. I'll keep trying.

Corky

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 9:42 am

Scratch that....took it now.

Corky

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 am

Jeep I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Semper I agree, this was the best alternative. I don't find the available players any harder to find though as they are the only ones visible on the draft screen. And lets not forget how much faster this site is then DD.

Corky

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 10:47 am

An administrator needs to fix the deadline again. I'm starting to think its not the website but a setting that wasn't entered correctly. Can somebody please check or GB will have 6 hours to pick.

Jeepdriver

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 11:02 am

I've reviewed time limits/start and stop times/etc and it says 3 hours max per pick. Not sure what else we can do on that deadline mess up.

Semper Gumby

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 am

Corky wrote:An administrator needs to fix the deadline again. I'm starting to think its not the website but a setting that wasn't entered correctly. Can somebody please check or GB will have 6 hours to pick.

I reset the draft clock.

When an autodraft is executed, the program must presume the next owner is unaware of the time change. Hence, it yields the balance of the autodraft owner's time to the next owner. :shock:
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat