NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Corky

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - GB is up

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Trying to be patient Joe but like Jeep said these excuses are weak. How do you post in the forum and not even know its your turn to draft? How do you not learn an EASY proxy system when you know you won't be online much? How do people not have mobile capacities? How do you hear the excuse "didn't know it would get to me"?

I understand the breaking in period but this goes beyond that. Heck, since we're not starting until the 28th I guess its no big deal anyways...

Corky

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Well at least we found some life, thanks to the lower half!

Spider 67

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm

I've used the proxy system for most of my picks. Usually I've set each item at one or zero, unless I'm OK with picking consecutive picks from the same list. I only screwed up when I set the system to wait until my time would expire and then couldn't get it to accept changes for a while. (Probably something I was doing incorrectly).

ALSO, RATS on my hoping to have Shields last to my next pick!!! :cry:

joethejet

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Corky,

I'm not saying that everyone has been on top of things as you would hope they would be. For example, I agree with you that Mike should have picked this morning and last night. I have to say that it is nice of him to be willing to skip his picks to keep the draft moving so at least he's being a team player in that way.

OTOH, GB just had a glitch with the proxies with something he didn't know. AT slowed us down yesterday primarily, I believe, because there are only three rounds of proxies. AT, I'm sorry to say, but with three rounds of proxies only availble, you'll have to find another way to get your picks entered so we can move more than three rounds a day without a 3 hour break every time.

I've been wondering whether we need to revisit the clock. Maybe start earlier and go later. Maybe shorten the window. I dont' think we should overreact to this draft because there have been numerous cases of the new system throwing us off, but it might be time to consider these things.

joethejet

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Spider 67 wrote:I've used the proxy system for most of my picks. Usually I've set each item at one or zero, unless I'm OK with picking consecutive picks from the same list. I only screwed up when I set the system to wait until my time would expire and then couldn't get it to accept changes for a while. (Probably something I was doing incorrectly).

ALSO, RATS on my hoping to have Shields last to my next pick!!! :cry:

sorry Spider, I *almost* took someone else! Who knows, depending on how things shape up, maybe we'll be able to make a trade.

Jeepdriver

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:12 pm

It's Chase' spot

Corky

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:13 pm

I know Joe....it's nothing personal. Everyone here seems like great guys....but such a simple process is becoming a nightmare. I'd much rather talk about how the draft is going and expectations and all but unfortunately that's getting pushed aside.

Also I'm not sure if anyone has read my posts or not or if they are even aware that if we don't finish tomorrow Arryl is on a 3 day hiatus. That's where part of my impatience comes from looking at that deadline. Although now I think it may be better to start next week anyway with this weekend being easter and not much time to tinker with our teams before game 1.

Corky

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Can an administrator skip Chase's spot like he asked? It will help keep us moving.

Jeepdriver

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

I hope I did it right.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

In the F2F league, an owner drafted Andrew Cashner and used him as a pinch runner. Apparently, Andrew's the fast guy in the deck.

Luckily for me, Jay Bruce gunned Andrew down at home the only time Andrew ran against me. :shock:

Now for my "WTF" draft, I'm psyched to drafting Saltalamacchia in the 11th round. Besides being a great clubhouse character, Salty is a solid bat for the price too.

Not sure why I took Alex Gordon that early - so the guys in the Central please load up on LHPs - thanks.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat