NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Semper is up

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Corky wrote:
Semper Gumby wrote:
Corky wrote:Damn you Jeep...I really wanted Cole!

Nearly 12 rounds in the books and COLE is one of the first taken players mentioned as being coveted?

Wow! :shock:

I mentioned Sierra earlier as well. Feel free to name yours!

yeah, and someone mentioned Shields too. I had a couple of guys that I had hoped to get, but no one, so far, that I was goign to take with my next pick.

joethejet

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 pm

chasenally wrote:I thought I would be able to pick when I got home I guess not. I will leave a list of players to fill my holes. Could someone please post them for me. I don't get up until the draft is 3 hours old.

Mike

Hey Mike,

YOu should be able to make your two skipped picks now. Why don't you go ahead and do that? I'm not understanding why you didn't just pick?

chasenally

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

It doesn't have the draft box next to the name. All it shows is the stats in blue but no draft box,
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 pm

If you can pick them (I think it might be because the draft is closed) I will take Justin Masterson P and Yusmeiro Petit P. I am sorry that I am such pain in the ass here.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Corky

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 pm

I think I understand part of the problem. Chase you took Joe to literally. The draft doesn't actually close, those hours he gave you are just the hours between in which you can be penalized for not picking. You can pick if its your turn at anytime or put in picks you missed at anytime.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:16 pm

I removed the "skips" and added Masterson and Petit

Semper Gumby

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm off to the gym for the next two hours. I added six proxies so I expect one will work by the time I return.

joethejet

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Jeep/Stoney

Sent you an email.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Corky wrote:I think I understand part of the problem. Chase you took Joe to literally. The draft doesn't actually close, those hours he gave you are just the hours between in which you can be penalized for not picking. You can pick if its your turn at anytime or put in picks you missed at anytime.

Can I pick for you?

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - GB is up

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 pm

gbrookes wrote:
Corky wrote:Trying to be patient Joe but like Jeep said these excuses are weak. How do you post in the forum and not even know its your turn to draft? How do you not learn an EASY proxy system when you know you won't be online much? How do people not have mobile capacities? How do you hear the excuse "didn't know it would get to me"?

I understand the breaking in period but this goes beyond that. Heck, since we're not starting until the 28th I guess its no big deal anyways...

I did a bunch of people's taxes on the 15th. My next boatload of tax returns (my big April 30 Canadian tax return deadline) is on my desk waiting to be reviewed. After April 30, I'm generally a fairly busy guy being a part owner in the business.

When I post here, I'm here to chat with people. As I've said before, I check in regularly. I also check the status of the draft.

My own feeling is that this is going really, really well, and I actually don't understand the concerns that are being expressed about the progress of the draft. I'm not going to say that I'm going to be way better in the next round, or in the next live draft we do.

By nature, I'm an absent minded professor. If I didn't notice that I had to keep in a "1", that's why.

If I'm holding things up too much, I can leave (after NLD35 is done, I guess). I don't mind being asked to step down. Otherwise, I'm honestly really happy with the way things are going.

In my opinion you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. Despite getting used to a new cards set and a new draft site with a new proxy format, that limits the max # of proxies, we are on pace for one of the fastest NLD drafts in recent memory.

We have 7 rounds left, and I expect another 2-3 will be taken care of tomorrow. I will be unavailable Friday til late Monday but I will leave as many proxies as possible, and I expect there will only be 1-2 rounds left in the draft to take care of over Easter weekend. I will have absolutely no problem being skipped, even with no clock on weekends, so I have no doubt the draft will be completed by my return, and we should have the league loading by a week today. That basically means we will have done the draft in 2 weeks. Last round took 18 days. So we will likely have shaved off 4 days over NLD 34.

It seems to me the biggest problem recently in this draft is the same one facing society a lot - and that is a lack of compassion and or understanding for ones fellow man. In previous drafts people made worse gaffes than have been made in this draft, and nary a complaint was made. People were patient and understanding, and didnt make accusations or make owners feel like they needed to depart.

I agree we made a commitment, and that everyone should do their best to move things along and communicate. However this is a game, and real life will interfere occasionally. As far as I can tell everyone is doing just that - their best to move the draft along regardless of what obstacles crop up.

For my part, while I am sorry that my running out of proxies held up the draft yesterday, I loaded as many proxies as was doable with the site, and so feel no remose about the delay. I got skipped, the draft moved on, and I caught up as soon as possible.

This draft has certainly gone much smoother than I had expected. So Gbrookes, I certainly do not feel you need to even consider departing and I am ashamed that you would even feel like you should be asked to leave.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat