NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Corky is up

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Arryl T and Corky - there's an expression that I hear in business, especially dealing with tax authorities - people call it "hurry up and wait". I agree that this draft is better than some recent ones. We've had some drafts where there's been a day or 2 where we've waited for a pick to be made. I meant what I said, I really think that this draft is going well!

I really honestly wondered if I'm holding things up, and if so , then I can take a bow for next time. But it doesn't feel like I'm holding it up any more than anyone else - every now and again, things interfere with strat, or something goes wrong with a pick. I meant everything I said. And I am a ditz with somethings sometimes.

But if it's ok, then great. If not, I'll take a bow for next time. Not a problem. I'm actually really enjoying this particular draft a lot with the new card set.

Spider 67

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Joe said:

"Spider, why to you have a "crying" :cry: emoticon by your pick of Clippard?"

Couldn't see the emoticon too clearly - my eyes have been around longer than the rest of you guys.

Anyway I really, really need that emoticon for my pick of Lorenzo Cain - meant to pick Matt Cain. Anyone want Lorenzo as a trade for their next pick or so?

Spider

chasenally

Re: NLD35 - LD on New Site! - Semper is up

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Corky wrote:I think I understand part of the problem. Chase you took Joe to literally. The draft doesn't actually close, those hours he gave you are just the hours between in which you can be penalized for not picking. You can pick if its your turn at anytime or put in picks you missed at anytime.

When I went to draft players, then pitchers it gave me all pitchers not yet drafted. In the top left corner of the box with all the pitchers it had draft (in a box) appears by each players name when it is your turn to draft. That draft box was not there for me to click on and draft players.

It would not let me draft any players.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am

Now my new problem. I have been adding my players to my strat team. I have 12 players with a stadium pick. My draft site tells me I have $19,750,000 left to draft with. That same team put together on the Strat site tells me I have $22,780,000 left to spend. All players and salaries match up on both sites but different amounts left to spend. Did I miss something in the thread here?

Mike

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 am

chasenally wrote:Now my new problem. I have been adding my players to my strat team. I have 12 players with a stadium pick. My draft site tells me I have $19,750,000 left to draft with. That same team put together on the Strat site tells me I have $22,780,000 left to spend. All players and salaries match up on both sites but different amounts left to spend. Did I miss something in the thread here?

Mike

You are all set. The draft site accommodates for the minimum salary of the six auto draft picks.

chasenally

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:36 am

OK Thank you I was wondering what I was going to do.

chasenally

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:23 am

Sent Joe 2 proxies and skip me fast when they are gone.

Mike

joethejet

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 am

Spider 67 wrote:Joe said:

"Spider, why to you have a "crying" :cry: emoticon by your pick of Clippard?"

Couldn't see the emoticon too clearly - my eyes have been around longer than the rest of you guys.

Anyway I really, really need that emoticon for my pick of Lorenzo Cain - meant to pick Matt Cain. Anyone want Lorenzo as a trade for their next pick or so?

Spider

Given the challenges to the new system, does anyone have a problem if we switch Spider's pick from one Cain to the other?

As for the timing and length of the draft. I know that things drag sometimes. This is the only LD that I'm involved in so this is sort of normal for me, but I get the feeling that this isn't "normal" and that other LDs go much faster. Some seem to think that's a big deal, others don't. I guess I'm just trying to keep everyone happy (maybe an impossible task :?) Honestly, I'm OK with the pace even with the frustrations. Maybe we want to make the pick window shorter or the clock window longer for the next NLD? The new proxy is limited to three rounds. So, for someone like AT (not picking on you, but it's one example) that's a challenge. In the past he'd put in 4-6 rounds, and this system doesn't allow him to do so. I would hate to chase someone away who has put so much time and effort into the NLD. Are there other options that AT could maybe avail himself to? Not sure. Obviously AT and Chase being willing to be skipped shows a desire to make things work for everyone and I think that's very cool and should be very much appreciated by everyone in the league.

As AT points out, this is certainly not the slowest NLD ever and it's really not *that* unusual for us. Could it have moved faster? Yeah. Could guys have picked when they didn't? Yeah, sometimes. Is some of that due to the new draft site that has confused people? Undoubtedly. I'm hopeful that people can figure out proxies and how to pick in this NLD so that the next NLD goes more smoothly. But, I think some understanding is in order for the different system we're working with.

btw, I'm not sure I'll leave a proxy tonight because there are a lot of picks and I'm just not sure what I'm doing right now. I'll take a look and if I know, I will leave a proxy. :)

See ya in the morning.

Corky

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 am

gbrookes wrote:Arryl T and Corky - there's an expression that I hear in business, especially dealing with tax authorities - people call it "hurry up and wait". I agree that this draft is better than some recent ones. We've had some drafts where there's been a day or 2 where we've waited for a pick to be made. I meant what I said, I really think that this draft is going well!

I really honestly wondered if I'm holding things up, and if so , then I can take a bow for next time. But it doesn't feel like I'm holding it up any more than anyone else - every now and again, things interfere with strat, or something goes wrong with a pick. I meant everything I said. And I am a ditz with somethings sometimes.

But if it's ok, then great. If not, I'll take a bow for next time. Not a problem. I'm actually really enjoying this particular draft a lot with the new card set.

GB,
Not sure why you think I was singling out you. You have usually picked within your limits this draft and the previous drafts as well. I thought I was pretty specific with my complaints. You really didn't fit any of them. But lets not kid ourselves and say this is going great, far from it. Those delays you mentioned about in previous drafts are mostly from the first round with no clock. Then it would speed up afterwards with the clock on. Those day long delays of a day or two were impossible after that with the clock on. Everybody here is busy and life of course takes precedence, we all know that. But I also try to be fair to everyone here and do my best to check in as much as possible, even at work during break periods. Not to be gross but it could be as quick as it takes me to use the bathroom. Log in, check the status, log back out. I know you do the same, so please do not think I was referring to you in any way. I know your resume here and its quite impressive, I really think you are one of the best in the 20XX game. Your 3 trophies in a row in here are a testament to that and something I think will not be duplicated. I would hate it if you were to bow out as I love competing against the best.

Now enough of that, there has been more communication of late and that's a good thing. Lets move forward and enjoy the rest of the draft, however long it may take.

Corky

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 am

And guys just so you know I have proxies loaded and had them loaded all night. They aren't firing because an administrator has placed the draft on hold. I'm not sure why as I didn't see a reason for it here on the boards. If you guys look you'll see the same message in the upper left hand corner of the draft page.

Once the hold is lifted my proxies should fire off as those players were not drafted yet.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat