NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ArrylT

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Unless it was Revere - who I am glad to pick up and have to back up Venable and or play vs LHP. But the player I thought Corky is referring to is still available.

gbrookes

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 pm

OK, so I made a bunch of moves - but at least I'm not the last one - thanks AT! ;)

I made the following downgrades:

Cingrani -> Stults
Paco Rodriguez -> Diekman
Papelbon -> Fields
Crawford (LF) -> Gose

Then I made the following upgrades (at least more money anyway):
Ogando -> Greinke
Henderson -> Melancon

And the following additions:
Jarrod Parker
Ondrusek

In the last couple of days, my estimates using my home park (Fenway) is that 2 of my 3 division rivals resolved their lineups towards an L balanced lineup - Big A slighly, and Chase to a larger extent. Chase's "everyday lefties" look like they've gone down from (maybe) 3 to maybe just 1. On the other hand, Semper is decidedly R balanced. It's interesting that Choo migrated from Chase to Semper during the preseason.

There's a huge difference between Semper's R balanced lineup and Chase's L balanced lineup. I actually have 7 starters - 4 RH and 3 LH - although Redmond could be used in the bullpen as well. But for back to back series versus Chase and Big A, Redmond will definitely start.

I just decided I liked Melancon's card too much to pass up. I looked at Paco Rodriguez' card and did a double take, with all the ballpark homeruns versus RHB. I nearly goofed on that one. Smyly stays, Paco's gone.

Cingrani just wasn't L balanced enough to maximize his value for his salary, I thought. It made sense to me to free up his salary in exchange for Stults, since I would be starting RHP more frequently. I also thought I could get away with downgrading Papelbon for Fields, taking advantage of Fenway to shelter Fields' ballpark homeruns vs LHB. the extra money from the downgrades was used to get Melancon back, to get Greinke (a nice card for Fenway), and to get Parker (also good value for money at Fenway). That got me to 4 RH SPs.

The only change in the lineup was exchanging Crawford for Gose. A downgrade, mostly with the e-rating. I thought it was good to spend some money on a couple of cheap relievers to fill out the bullpen a bit (Diekman and Ondrusek).
Last edited by gbrookes on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm

ArrylT wrote:I think I know who the bat is - I was tempted to pick him up but really do not have a place to put him. Good luck everyone and play ball! 8-)

He's on my team ;)

joethejet

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 pm

GB,

Sounds like you had quite a debate in your clubhouse. Your pitching will definitely have a LOT of flexibility.

And away we go! It will be interesting to see how things play out starting tonight.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:17 pm

after hemming and hawing for an hour, I dropped jones and switched to my roster to make a subsequent move to find i started instant the scores posted. i had two exchanges to make. could'nt finish my moves with the cap hit. So instead of too many lefties I have WAY too many.. :oops:

good luck every one.

joethejet

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 12:04 am

superflymacdaddyjuice wrote:after hemming and hawing for an hour, I dropped jones and switched to my roster to make a subsequent move to find i started instant the scores posted. i had two exchanges to make. could'nt finish my moves with the cap hit. So instead of too many lefties I have WAY too many.. :oops:

good luck every one.

Ouch. :shock: I was wondering about that.

We got off to a great start tonight (sorry Smokey), the only downside was losing Norris for 15 in his second AB :(

chasenally

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 am

I know you need to play to your park but there is just way too many LHSP in the division. I grabbed that loser Kershaw and grabbed a bunch of RH hitters. I felt as Choo wasn't going to help with that salary and bad range. Cleared some cap and got Fernandez as well. Going with Pitching, speed and defense. Kershaw was hurt by errors and lost from unearned runs. Fernandez got bombed but Gray kept me from being swept.

See what happens but I should steal bases and my fielding should be better. Kershaw is a bum but needed him for this division.

Mike AKA Tractorboy
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

joethejet

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 am

So I'm guessing that Smokey has Otero and O'Day room together on the road being as they are the ONLY RHP on his entire team!

Corky

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 am

Smokey lost over a million in roster value already!?? :shock:

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 8:19 am

Bummer. I was gonna swap Jones for rasmus navarro for Posey and kozart for iglesias. Got caught after first move. I guess the games play a lot earlier these days. Noob move
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat