NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostFri May 02, 2014 12:21 am

Chase,

Definitely some bad luck. I hope he has that bad luck when I face him!

Meanwhile we continue our good luck on the road. 9-0 how does that happen? :shock: We're at home next so.... :roll:

chasenally

PostFri May 02, 2014 12:40 am

joethejet wrote:Chase,

Meanwhile we continue our good luck on the road. 9-0 how does that happen? :shock: We're at home next so.... :roll:

I don't care just like watching it happen. He should kill everyone but is getting killed. Many a teams have tried to get him from me but I wont let him go as it keeps me entertained. I play this game to keep me away from what I like the most and need to stop watching, Housewives of (fill in the blank) and 16 and pregnant. :oops:
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Spider 67

PostFri May 02, 2014 8:38 am

joethejet wrote:Chase,

My bunch is doing their part to keep your road streak alive - also made your home streak. The Bank-ers swept me at home with one arm tied behind their backs. But I joined in on the injury parade during the series.

Stoney18

PostFri May 02, 2014 9:08 am

I was worried (and still am) if I have enough power to compete on the road. It's only 1 road series but so far so good.

Home - 2 hr's in 299 ab's
Road - 7 hr's in 114 ab's

gbrookes

PostFri May 02, 2014 10:13 am

I've been thinking about my crazy luck, with the latest example being Davis hitting 3 home runs early in the season. I've been thinking about the odds on that. I haven't calculated it yet. But the (only) home run versus a lefty was against Francis, on his pitcher card, and the odds on that one aren't all that small. But the 2 of his batter card versus RHP are a different story - 1 die roll chance (out of 216, obviously). I was just trying to get my head around how to calculate the odds of something unlikely happening twice (or more, I guess) - how to do that calculation. I'm part way there - working my way up from some simple probability ideas. FYI, at that point he had had only 13 plate appearances vs RHP, but he actually hit the 2 HRs vs RHP in just 6 consecutive plate appearances vs RHP, within those 13. I'll calculate the odds (eventually) out of 6, as well as out of 13.

I spend hundreds - maybe thousands - of hours playing strat-o-matic baseball, football, basketball and hockey with my brother, while we were growing up. We still laugh at my crazy lucky rolls. It's kind of an insider joke between us. We have family pictures of Trevor and I playing at the kitchen table. We live far away from each other now, but we still smile and laugh about the old days playing strat together.

My favorite lucky dice story in online strat was in first season of playing online. With the 2007 cards, Chris Young (the pitcher with the crazy 2007 card) pitched no-hitters in consecutive games. Of course, his card didn't give up many hits, but the other thing was that some of my defensive positions in those games had horrible fielding as well, including a 5 at 3b. I actually did calculate the odds of that happening in consecutive starts, by calculating the odds of a hit for each batter he faced. The odds of that happening were in the billions. I can't find the games quickly this morning, but if you're interested I'll send you the links to the games.

Congrats to BigAlric for sweeping me last night!!! I guess Hal put away my lucky dice for a while - he thought I'd had enough fun with that for now!!!

:)

Jeepdriver

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm back today. Was MIA yesterday after Wednesday Night's debacle against Joe's squad. So what happened yesterday you ask? Well I was kneed in the groin, had my candy taken away, the bakery lost my birthday cake, I slipped on a banana peel and tweaked my back, a car knocked me off my bike and I have asphalt scapes all over my arms, and finally I got an ice creme cone only to have it fall on the ground when I went to take my first bite. And oh yeah was swept by Joe. So actually the sweep wasn't that bad compared to the rest of my day. :lol:

Stoney18

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Nice Jeep!

Almost as many transactions in the first week of the season as there were in the entire regular season of the last NLD.

Jeepdriver

PostFri May 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Noticed Hawk dropped Withrow. I have gotten (with 1 day left) 245 IP from Withrow on another team. :shock:

joethejet

PostFri May 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:I'm back today. Was MIA yesterday after Wednesday Night's debacle against Joe's squad. So what happened yesterday you ask? Well I was kneed in the groin, had my candy taken away, the bakery lost my birthday cake, I slipped on a banana peel and tweaked my back, a car knocked me off my bike and I have asphalt scapes all over my arms, and finally I got an ice creme cone only to have it fall on the ground when I went to take my first bite. And oh yeah was swept by Joe. So actually the sweep wasn't that bad compared to the rest of my day. :lol:

LOL :lol:

Definitely some injuries occurring in the East these days. We've been very lucky so far.

Chase, enjoy your TV shows sounds like you lead a very...ahem....interesting life. ;)

GB, I have some FTF games tonight, want to come and roll the dice for me? I'm notoriously unlucky! :shock: :cry:

As for Kershaw, one major flaw in the design of SOM is the hit or miss quality of rolling on the hitter versus the pitcher card. That said, I'm sure he'll come around for you.

joethejet

PostSat May 03, 2014 3:55 am

Well, our stretch of sweep or be swept is over. Managed to take 2 of 3 from Smokey despite having a handicapped lineup. The dice are treating us kindly right now!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat