• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD35 - The NLD Lives on!

PostMon Jun 16, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm still holding to my CDROM sims :D

joethejet

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 12:57 am

Congrats Spider. You swept us. We just can't get anything going since May 16. We went 4-17, won 8 of 9 and then promptly went 4-17 again. Included in there were two sweeps by Spider. Sorry, he's got a good team, but that's just crazy.

We're currently 75-75 without those two awful streaks we're 67-41. WTF! :evil: :evil: :o :o :cry: :cry:

So, we're either a .620 team or a .190 team. Brutal. I hate this team. I mean I like this team, but I"ve never had a team be so good and then SO bad. Ridiculous. Going 5-13 in extras and being -4 in one run games doesn't help any (-3 against Spider).

He must be a LOT better than us since we're 6-15 against him. You gotta beat the teams in your division, I thought we matched up pretty good with all three teams, especially at home, but I guess not. He scored 15% of his runs against us and we're currently 5th in runs allowed. This is with half the games in Marlins park and the others in Wrigley. Oh well.

Maybe we can get out of the East this time around. <sigh>

Spider 67

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 8:09 am

Joe, I did an early season comparison of how I expected to do against teams in the East. This is always biased in my team's favor (why would I have drafted them otherwise?). My expected record against the Banks-ers was 12-12 (not a good omen in light of my bias). I had The Gap 14-10 against the Accents and they are killing me (6-12 with 6 to go). Thought I would do even better against the Mangos (who gave away lots of $$ on opening night) and am only 11-10 vs. them.

This is a crazy game. I like my team. I complained about a poor 1-run record early, but that turned around for me. My injury record has been very good. I factor number of games expected to be played in my selection model, so I'm not too surprised that injuries have not hurt as much as for most other teams.

These last few days will be interesting. Deep In The Gap finishes with 9 on the road. They could be holding on by fingernails by the last night.

Stoney18

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 10:52 am

Sweep at Corky's place gives the Phanatics a little breathing room. I haven't had much luck building teams for pitchers parks but may have found a formula that works.

Good SP is obvious but I tried to find high K pitchers at the same time. Figured if more outs came by strike out there would be fewer runners advanced. That seemed to work since we're leading the leading in ERA, Whip and K's.

Offensively I tried to find players with high number of hits and total bases. I'm surprised to be 5th in runs scored but when you look at extra base hits this team is 3rd. If you had net stolen bases to extra base hits the team is 2nd, just 1 behind Smokey.

I may have just lucked out into a winning team. May have to try it again and see if it works as well.

joethejet

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Spider,

Yeah, a record between us close to .500 would be more expected. You've just owned us. I think that's an anomaly in this play through. As for injuries, your lack of 600 PA guys was your risk. I assume you've had good fortune with the average games lost per injury.

Stoney and Spider, I'm not surprised your teams are good, the ratings predicted that. I'm surprised by my horrid slumps that just killed me. How do you go 8-34? Even crappy teams don't do that. Plus the awful record in extras.

Oh well.

Spider 67

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 pm

I like this new Strat feature where we can see the year's injury record - by team.

joethejet

PostTue Jun 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Spider 67 wrote:I like this new Strat feature where we can see the year's injury record - by team.

gosh, I missed that. You're right, that *is* very interesting. I'll have to check it out. :)

Semper Gumby

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 am

Spider 67 wrote:I like this new Strat feature where we can see the year's injury record - by team.

I suspect I lead the league in injuries :shock:

With 9 games to go, will the Cleveland Indians hold serve or give it up for the move to Miami?

Corky

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 4:29 am

Semper Gumby wrote:

I suspect I lead the league in injuries :shock:

With 9 games to go, will the Cleveland Indians hold serve or give it up for the move to Miami?

Sheesh SG a little dramatic are we? :lol:

You aren't even close to leading in injuries, there are like 6 teams more worse off! And are you really trying to dramatize a 7 game lead with 9 to play? :o

joethejet

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 1:22 am

Yeesh, no races at ALL in this NLD! only four teams are even over .500! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :| :| :|

Boring. :(
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat