ARMCHAIR 54 KEEPERS, CHAT, AND LOUNGING ABOUT

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BDWard

Re: ARMCHAIR 54 KEEPERS, CHAT, AND LOUNGING ABOUT

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 am

I read in an earlier Diamond Dope draft league that proxies don't work for the end picks. When asked about it, Adrian (Diamond Dope designer and founder) said something like "for this price, what do you expect?" If it's true that proxies don't work for the end picks, Jon and Art need to check the board from time to time so as not to delay the draft.

artmaki

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm

BDWard wrote:I read in an earlier Diamond Dope draft league that proxies don't work for the end picks. When asked about it, Adrian (Diamond Dope designer and founder) said something like "for this price, what do you expect?" If it's true that proxies don't work for the end picks, Jon and Art need to check the board from time to time so as not to delay the draft.

Appreciate the heads up. Been checking in. Yesterday was definitely not a proxy issue. I've loaded a half dozen or so and been checking in. Will be able to do that all week.

If that's what happened to Jon, I can understand. It could also be that his Al Gore internet connection biodegraded.

htintx

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Now now, let's be nice to Mr. Gore and not misquote him.

He didn't say he invented the internet.

He said he created it.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 2:15 pm

I sent Jon a message that he is up in the draft.

htintx

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 2:58 pm

My only comment regarding the timing issue is that I'd like to strongly urge our commish to implement a clock, similar to what we use in Lazyboy.

The draft there started the same time as ours, last Wednesday. And it was completed last night.

For us to not even be finished the 3rd round after 5.5 days...not a good situation.

BDWard

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 4:14 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. No clock just encourages people to ignore the draft and to get to it "whenever" while everyone else is being held up. In the leagues that I've run, we kept the clock off the first two rounds to give people a chance to get acclimated and thereafter used a 3 hour clock, which I believe was automatically off from 11 PM to 8 AM Eastern time. If you have difficulty checking during the day, use proxies.

It's not too late to turn the clock on now. Let's get this draft moving.

dspeters5

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Starting Tuesday 6AM, we will begin a three hour clock. Everyone has had a chance to take care of business, and we will leave it at that. So starting tomorrow I will setup the clock for a three hour limit.

Please consider proxies, and I will be available to leave friendly reminders.

BDward, please alert PJK about the three hour clock as I do not have his cell number. I will text, art, harlan, doc X, rburgh, and muadib. I do not have a cell number for chemosh, if Mark has one please alert him.

artmaki

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 7:49 pm

dspeters5 wrote:Starting Tuesday 6AM, we will begin a three hour clock. Everyone has had a chance to take care of business, and we will leave it at that. So starting tomorrow I will setup the clock for a three hour limit.

Please consider proxies, and I will be available to leave friendly reminders.

BDward, please alert PJK about the three hour clock as I do not have his cell number. I will text, art, harlan, doc X, rburgh, and muadib. I do not have a cell number for chemosh, if Mark has one please alert him.

So will this be a silent clock (like 24)????

htintx

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Only if someone important dies. Which apparently doesn't include the POTUS.

Muadib1950

Please approve a DROP eve of 6/24 ...

PostTue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks!!
Jon
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat