GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nythawk129921

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Before we get to far into the off season, we should have a vote to decide if we will play one or two seasons. I'm wiling to do 2 now as things have settled down a bit in my personal life but this will still be the last league i get up and running after the cards come out.

So Yay or Nay too 2 seasons, we'll need at least 8 Yays to change. If that happens, we'll add a 2 rd supplemental draft between seasons 1 and 2, but that's the only change.

2 seasons for GMKL Yay or Nea
1. qksilver
2. ehlekev
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
7. splinter - Yay (via e-mail)
8. stevef
9. smitty
10. Cubit
11. Palmtana
12. Ninersphan - Yay

Palmtana

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Before we get to far into the off season, we should have a vote to decide if we will play one or two seasons. I'm wiling to do 2 now as things have settled down a bit in my personal life but this will still be the last league i get up and running after the cards come out.

So Yay or Nay too 2 seasons, we'll need at least 8 Yays to change. If that happens, we'll add a 2 rd supplemental draft between seasons 1 and 2, but that's the only change.

1. qksilver
2. ehlekev
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
8. stevef
9. smitty
10. Cubit
11. Palmtana - Yay
12. Ninersphan - Yay

Ninersphan

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:ghost trades joe nathan and a ninth round fa pick to smitty for his 6th round fa pick

smitty to confirm

Need a drop from smitty

lakeviewdave wrote:Lakeviewdave trades

Pujols, Albert
Rosario, Wilin
Gibson, Kyle
2015 8th FA pick (lakeviewdave)
2015 9th FA pick (lakeviewdave)
To ehlekev for

2015 3rd FA pick (ehlekev)
2015 5th FA pick (ehlekev)
2015 1st prospect pick (ehlekev)

Kevin to confirm.

Need 3 drops from ehlekev

KEVINEHLE

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 am

1. qksilver
2. ehlekev - Yay
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
8. stevef
9. smitty
10. Cubit
11. Palmtana - Yay
12. Ninersphan - Yay

KEVINEHLE

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 10:15 am

Ninersphan wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:ghost trades joe nathan and a ninth round fa pick to smitty for his 6th round fa pick

smitty to confirm

Need a drop from smitty

lakeviewdave wrote:Lakeviewdave trades

Pujols, Albert
Rosario, Wilin
Gibson, Kyle
2015 8th FA pick (lakeviewdave)
2015 9th FA pick (lakeviewdave)
To ehlekev for

2015 3rd FA pick (ehlekev)
2015 5th FA pick (ehlekev)
2015 1st prospect pick (ehlekev)

Kevin to confirm.

Need 3 drops from ehlekev

Kev Drops:
Rivera, Mariano RP NYY
Norberto, Jordan RP OAK
Scutaro, Marco 2B SF

STEVE F

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 2:43 pm

1. qksilver
2. ehlekev - Yay
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
8. stevef - Nay
9. smitty
10. Cubit
11. Palmtana - Yay
12. Ninersphan - Yay

While I can't see the point in playing the same team twice, it looks like everyone wants this.

Palmtana

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 3:50 pm

STEVE F wrote:While I can't see the point in playing the same team twice, it looks like everyone wants this.

A lot of time and effort goes into researching for drafts, making trades and managing our teams. One season and done to me would be anticlimactic. Yes, generally the top teams from Season 1 do well in Season 2 while those who didn't fair well will repeat their positions. But not always. In one of my KL's this year I was in the West for Season 2 with the other challenged teams from Season 1. I won the division by one game over the other 3 teams with a -96 run differential. Upset a 103 win team in the semi's and then got smoked in the finals. Rare but true.

Ninersphan

PostSun Dec 21, 2014 2:05 am

STEVE F wrote:
While I can't see the point in playing the same team twice, it looks like everyone wants this.

Like Palm, said it's not the same team, because of the change of divisions in season 2 things can change drastically.

In my Unleashed keeper league, there was one team that won 101 games in season one, drop to 84 in season two and in the same league had another team jump from 76 wins to 93 in season two.

Think about it, you may have the only pitchers park in your division with Coors, Great American and US Cellular in season one and in season two move to a division with all pitchers or neutral parks which is more suited to the way your team is constructed.
Also, there is a guarantee that 2 teams in the playoffs will be different from season 1 to season 2, because all 4 playoff teams from season one get lumped into the same division in the second season, there by making sure that at least half the league gets to taste the playoffs every season.

And once you are in the playoffs anything can happen.

lakeviewdave

PostSun Dec 21, 2014 8:37 am

Updated list of available players

Jon Jay (CF2/LF3/RF3)
Jason Heyward (RF1)
Avisail Garcia (RF3)
Seth Smith (LF4/RF4)
Rajai Davis (LF3/CF3)
Nick Castellanos (3B4)
Ryan Zimmerman (3B3/LF3/1B3)
Jeremy Hellickson (SP)
Homer Bailey (SP)
Jimmy Nelson (SP)

Ninersphan

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 pm

1. qksilver Yay (via e-mail)
2. ehlekev - Yay
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
8. stevef - Nay
9. smitty
10. Cubit - Yay (via e-mail)
11. Palmtana - Yay
12. Ninersphan - Yay

That's 9 Yay's 1 Nay and two no shows, looks like two seasons it is.
Sorry SteveF, do keep in mind this league was founded as a twice a year league (with even and option for 3 times per year), so I'm sure that's part of the reason most of the long time owners are voting for the reinstatement of the 2nd season.
I'll adjust the rules and you'll have the new version with the roster next update.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat