GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Before we get to far into the off season, we should have a vote to decide if we will play one or two seasons. I'm wiling to do 2 now as things have settled down a bit in my personal life but this will still be the last league i get up and running after the cards come out.

So Yay or Nay too 2 seasons, we'll need at least 8 Yays to change. If that happens, we'll add a 2 rd supplemental draft between seasons 1 and 2, but that's the only change.

2 seasons for GMKL Yay or Nea
1. qksilver Yay (via e-mail)
2. ehlekev - Yay
3. nythawk - Yay
4. Ghost
5. wjs6768 - Yay
6. lakeviewdave - Yay
7. splinter - Yay (via e-mail)
8. stevef - Nay
9. smitty - Yay (via e-mail)
10. Cubit - Yay (via e-mail)
11. Palmtana - Yay
12. Ninersphan - Yay

That's 10 Yay's 1 Nay and one no show, looks like two seasons it is.
Sorry SteveF, do keep in mind this league was founded as a twice a year league (with even and option for 3 times per year), so I'm sure that's part of the reason most of the long time owners are voting for the reinstatement of the 2nd season.
I'll adjust the rules and you'll have the new version with the roster next update.

qksilver69

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Guys - something to note in the SOM range previews. They list the cards as "REG", "ADD", or "COMP".

I believe SOM for online purposes uses both the REG and ADD categories to make up the online player pool and then proceeds to exclude cards (which doesn't matter for us since we're Unleashed). So if your player is listed as COMP, for sure they will not be in the online game.

Anyone know any different? Can anyone confirm? I do have something riding on this as my boy Kevin Kouz is listed as "ADD" in the range preview....obviously my fingers are crossed.... :D

Ninersphan

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 pm

qksilver69 wrote:Guys - something to note in the SOM range previews. They list the cards as "REG", "ADD", or "COMP".

I believe SOM for online purposes uses both the REG and ADD categories to make up the online player pool and then proceeds to exclude cards (which doesn't matter for us since we're Unleashed). So if your player is listed as COMP, for sure they will not be in the online game.

Anyone know any different? Can anyone confirm? I do have something riding on this as my boy Kevin Kouz is listed as "ADD" in the range preview....obviously my fingers are crossed.... :D

The only thing I know for sure is the COMP players aren't in the online game. Otherwise not sure, though I can find out if any ADD players have made it with some time to research.

STEVE F

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 1:19 am

I'm fine with 2 seasons. I already learned that the divisions will be different so that will be interesting. I'm sure there are other reasons why guys like 2 seasons, and they will become apparent after I go though it once :)

Ninersphan

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 10:08 am

qksilver69 wrote:Guys - something to note in the SOM range previews. They list the cards as "REG", "ADD", or "COMP".

Ok, did some research into this, and based on last year, Players from the Additional set ( with ADD next to their names in the ratings preview) are included in both the regular online set and the Unleashed set. Just checking Cleveland, Darin Mastriani was an ADD player in the Regular set and Yosmil Pinto was an ADD player in the Unleashed set.

So looks like they include all players except COMP and MIX. Mix are split cards anyway, they are cards for players that played on 2 or more teams and are just the individual cards for each particular team. Those players all get a combined card in either the Regualr set or the Additional set, meaning there are at least 3 cards for every player in the MIX category

qksilver69

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Cha-CHING! 8-)

I thought that was the case, but thanks for the research Bill!

So I have the following needs:

- Stud RH setup guy for my pen
- Better LF than Melky

In addition to the SPs listed in my email I have Kennys Vargas who will be a stud DH vs RHs and plenty of other assets. Holler if interested.

STEVE F

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Any Justin Upton fans here? I'd consider dealing him for a comparable RF, as he's only rated in LF this year

Ninersphan

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Available:

AJ Pierzinski
Kendreys Morales
Steven Drew
Brandon Phillips
Nate Schierholtz
Eric Young
Andre Ethier
Dillon Gee
Jordan Lyles
Bobby Parnell
Glen Perkins
Jenry Meijia
Daniel Murphy
Chase Headley
Jose Reyes
Kolten Wong ( Prospect, Will need to be promoted this year)

Some of this I know is cut bait but some isn't.
Wong will likely cost the most.

I MIGHT Talk either Lagares or Adam Jones, but it would have to wow me.

Looking for:

SS, LF Picks. Some of these guys I'll let go for low picks, I need to clear some roster spots.

Ninersphan

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Available:

AJ Pierzinski
Kendreys Morales
Steven Drew
Brandon Phillips
Nate Schierholtz
Eric Young
Andre Ethier
Dillon Gee
Jordan Lyles
Bobby Parnell
Glen Perkins
Jenry Meijia
Daniel Murphy
Chase Headley
Jose Reyes
Kolten Wong ( Prospect, Will need to be promoted this year)

Some of this I know is cut bait but some isn't.
Wong will likely cost the most.

I MIGHT Talk either Lagares or Adam Jones, but it would have to wow me.

Looking for:

SS, LF Picks. Some of these guys I'll let go for low picks, I need to clear some roster spots.

Ninersphan

PostFri Jan 02, 2015 2:18 pm

Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller??
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat