WBKL PROSPECT DRAFT - Finished

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

azpanthers11

Re: WBKL PROSPECT DRAFT - 1ST ROUND, NO CLOCK

PostWed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 am

Okay, I'm putting the stuff up for a vote and just not going to debate because that makes this place not fun and in the end that is what it's all about. We love strat, we love baseball. Let's enjoy it. :)

lakeviewdave

PostWed Mar 25, 2015 5:51 am

azpanthers11 wrote:
JMP1 wrote:
bigmahon wrote:We should make that explicit in the rules for next season. And we should consider reviewing the carded player only eligibility for future seasons, if people don't like that rule.

Simplicity and specificity are best when making rules. I'd like to propose the following:

"Only carded players in the set which we are using are eligible for the free agent draft",

"A player is eligible for the prospect draft if he does not have a card in the current set and is signed by a major league team prior to the draft. If the player maintains rookie status or was a September call up, he may be drafted in the prospect draft."

I believe we already had a debate about the first proposal when we were deciding whether to do a pre-card draft but obviously the second we haven't.

If you guys would like to vote on these we will do it on our regular forum, until then this will be on pause because of JMP picking Bundy (which I didn't notice till I got home). If the rule doesn't pass he needs to repick since he has made an MLB appearance.

Regardless of the vote however any player unsigned before the start of the draft is not elgibile to be selected in this league! Which would make a player like Olivera, or any other player from Cuba, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Dominican Republic, etc. unavailable for the draft.

Also with Michael being under the weather please have your teams ready to load when he does get in.

Bundy should not be available in prospect draft, period. He played in MLB already, regardless of when it was. This is a pretty standard rule in most leagues. Any rule change should not be put into place until next year, if there is one.

JMP1

PostWed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 am

Dave,

I was not involved in the league when the rules were set up, I took over a franchise when Fred left.

Many of the leagues I play in consider players never carded eligible for the draft, as long as they are signed to a MLB contract.

League members should be able to express their opinions freely and offer rule changes. If Olivera had signed right before your pick you and almost any other member of the league would have tried to get him. I asked for a clarification before I posted him next to my name. Then I took Bundy, thinking that was a safe pick because he is so young and had Tommy John surgery last year. My mistake. But I still think the rule preventing a player like that from a prospect draft is overreach. He is listed as a PROSPECT everywhere from Baseball America to MLB.com.

At no time did I say that I wanted the rules changed this year. My request for Olivera and mistaken selection of Bundy should not have caused this much trouble.

My career is very demanding lately and I don't have time to fight here. Sorry guys, but I am going to drop out of this league.

Jay

The Turtle

PostFri Mar 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Do we need to find a replacement, pronto or is JMP back on board?

azpanthers11

PostSat Mar 28, 2015 3:45 pm

I reached out to JMP to see if he would reconsider.

I will update you guys when I hear back.

azpanthers11

PostSat Mar 28, 2015 10:56 pm

I have talked to JMP and I am very happy to say he has decided to stay in the league.

I will go ahead and post the second round, however no picks are to be made till he repicks his 1st round selection.

Also we will proceed with the clock untimed Sunday and start with time slots on Monday.

azpanthers11

PostSat Mar 28, 2015 10:58 pm

9. JMP1 - REPICK

SECOND ROUND
13. nythawk
14. MichaelGrammes (via lakeviewdave)
15. bigmahon
16. azpanthers (via alk58)
17. MichaelGrammes
18. Lakeviewdave (via Dr. Publix)
19. Lakeviewdave (via Turtle)
20. WJS6768
21. JMP1
22. JmLopp
23. ghost of roger maris
24. azpanthers

JMP1

Re: WBKL PROSPECT DRAFT - JMP Repick, then 2ND ROUND

PostSun Mar 29, 2015 7:34 am

On the previous page I picked Henry Owens after it was determined Bundy was not ineligible to be drafted. I do not see him on any team's roster and he did not appear in a MLB game according to mlb.com. Why is Owens an illegal pick?

jmlopp

PostSun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am

HI!

Hey man. Glad you decided to stay.

Mike

azpanthers11

PostSun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 pm

JMP1 wrote:On the previous page I picked Henry Owens after it was determined Bundy was not ineligible to be drafted. I do not see him on any team's roster and he did not appear in a MLB game according to mlb.com. Why is Owens an illegal pick?

My fault, did not see the pick.

It's good!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat