Franchise Infusion League Draft

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mrharryc

Re: Franchise Infusion League Draft

PostWed May 06, 2015 10:46 am

Treyomo you are correct in each case.

I think to make it simpler, the only DB, pre or post players eligible are those that belong to one of the 12 primary franchises. Thus pre-expansion players from the only other franchises that have any - Orioles(Browns), Athletics, Twins(Senators) and Phillies are not eligible. Again, with the understanding that highest salary card determines franchise. For example, this means no: Sisler, Pete, Foxx, Simmons, Cochrane, etc.

All Nel are eligible.

All players from the other FA pool teams - Jays, Marlins, DBacks, Rockies, Angels are eligible. This means people like Clemens, Delgado, Johnson, Schilling, Percival etc.

Finally, after the auto draft, any players belonging to any of the teams in the league, both primary players from all eras and infusion teams from expansion era, are eligible to be picked up on waivers if left off the draft card by the owning franchise. Thus if Bonds is left off the Giants/Mariners draft card, he is open to selection by any of the other teams. (Acquiring team responsible for supplying syringes and size 23 batting helmet.)
Last edited by mrharryc on Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrharryc

PostWed May 06, 2015 10:48 am

Dean Chance's high card is with Angels, so he is their property and is eligible for free agent pick for any team.

Musial6

PostWed May 06, 2015 10:50 am

mrharryc wrote:Dean Chance's high card is with Angels, so he is their property and is eligible for free agent pick for any team.

But if he should pass through that round unpicked, is his Angel card available to the Tigers/Twins?

mrharryc

PostWed May 06, 2015 10:55 am

He is, but only as a free agent to replace the one selected in the upcoming free agent draft. Again, for our purposes, only the highest salary card matters; any other franchises that a player is carded with are irrelevant to our purposes and these franchises have no ownership rights.

Musial6

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:02 am

Still confused about that and this:

"Finally, after the auto draft, any players belonging to any of the teams in the league, both primary players from all eras and infusion teams from expansion era, are eligible to be picked up on waivers if left off the draft card by the owning franchise. Thus if Bonds is left off the Giants/Mariners draft card, he is open to selection by any of the other teams. (Acquiring team responsible for supplying syringes and size 23 batting helmet.)" Does this only apply to changing out the one-time supplemental wild card free agent?

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:12 am

I think it was stated that any player whos highest priced card is owned by one of the 12 primary teams he remains their property even if not selected in the auto draft so Bonds if not selected by the Giant franchise would not be available as a free agent.

mrharryc

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:16 am

Good question! Yes! If a player is acquired in this fashion, he must replace the other free agent. Thanks for prompting the clarification.

In reality, I can't imagine why anyone would leave a really premium player off the draft card given that our cap -158mil - is relatively high. I just think it is one more option to consider for us as owners. For instance in my case, I'm going to make sure Ruth is on my draft card! However, I think there will be some other good players who will be available. My thinking was in looking over the squads that some teams have an abundance of talent at one position, e.g. RP, 1B, C, that won't be on draft cards but might be positions of need for the other franchises - perhaps players who fill a need better than the drafted free agent.

Musial6

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:24 am

1. Andycummings65 - Red Sox / Orioles EXP
2. Mykeedee - Pirates / Astros EXP
3. Mrharryc - Yankees/Padres
4.Carr20 - Giants / Mariners EXP
5. Visick- Cardinals/ Rangers EXP
6. Treyomo - Indians/Mets
7. Joeyc - Dodgers / Phillies
8.Bontomn - Cubs / Brewers EXP
9. Musial6 - Tigers/Twins EXP

10.drfreeze49

11.FrankM
12. 1787

9. Reds / Nationals/Expos EXP
10. White Sox / Royals EXP
12. Braves / Athletics EXP

drfreeze49

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:26 am

Unread postWed May 06, 2015 11:24 am
1. Andycummings65 - Red Sox / Orioles EXP
2. Mykeedee - Pirates / Astros EXP
3. Mrharryc - Yankees/Padres
4.Carr20 - Giants / Mariners EXP
5. Visick- Cardinals/ Rangers EXP
6. Treyomo - Indians/Mets
7. Joeyc - Dodgers / Phillies
8.Bontomn - Cubs / Brewers EXP
9. Musial6 - Tigers/Twins EXP
10.drfreeze49-Braves-A's EXP JOSH GIBSON

11.FrankM

12. 1787

9. Reds / Nationals/Expos EXP
10. White Sox / Royals EXP

Treyomo

PostWed May 06, 2015 11:45 am

So any expansion or NeL player on the list after the draft is eligible to become your one free agent?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat