Re: NAKL Chat

PostThu Oct 08, 2015 2:05 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:Lakeviewdave trades

Jonathan Papelbon
A.J. Pierzynski

To Jerlins for

Evan Longoria

Jerlins to confirm.

All good Jerlins roster stood at 39 prior to this deal, now he's at 40, so no drop required.

Jerlins

PostThu Oct 08, 2015 6:47 pm

And with that trade, leaves only Ian Kinsler as the initial player rostered when the league began, still on my team. With the 2nd selection of the new player draft, I tried often and unsuccessfully to swap positions with Hawk, who with the 1st selection, selected Rich Harden, who from that day forward, I am forever grateful :D :D

Thanks Evan, you have served me well.

nythawk129921

PostFri Oct 09, 2015 3:36 am

Jerlins wrote:And with that trade, leaves only Ian Kinsler as the initial player rostered when the league began, still on my team. With the 2nd selection of the new player draft, I tried often and unsuccessfully to swap positions with Hawk, who with the 1st selection, selected Rich Harden, who from that day forward, I am forever grateful :D :D

Well when you put it that way it sounds like a mistake on my part :oops: . But put in its proper perspective it was the right move that season for me.Harden was the best available SP for that season (by far),I already had AROD and he did lead me to the playoffs twice so I am happy with the results though it would have been nice to win the finals :D :D :D

Jerlins

PostFri Oct 09, 2015 4:02 pm

nythawk129921 wrote:
Jerlins wrote:And with that trade, leaves only Ian Kinsler as the initial player rostered when the league began, still on my team. With the 2nd selection of the new player draft, I tried often and unsuccessfully to swap positions with Hawk, who with the 1st selection, selected Rich Harden, who from that day forward, I am forever grateful :D :D

Well when you put it that way it sounds like a mistake on my part :oops: . But put in its proper perspective it was the right move that season for me.Harden was the best available SP for that season (by far),I already had AROD and he did lead me to the playoffs twice so I am happy with the results though it would have been nice to win the finals :D :D :D

Heck no, I wanted Harden as well, which is why I wanted that pick. He was, by far, the best SP and one of the best overall cards that year. I do remember we were kind of close to making the swap, but in the end, you decided to keep it.

Roscodog

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 5:34 pm

I haven't been paying that much attention lately due to holidays (NFL games and seeing my JAYS win game 3 in Texas) and because of my fantasy football addiction. That being said I had a day off today and went through my team.

I like the looks of my team for the most part going into next year and will probably hold off until cards come out on some guys.
That being said I am looking for a low end #2 or high end #3 type starter. (or obviously a top guy)

Guys right now I would potentially move in a package for that starter or for picks include the following. I have some picks to move as well.

Karns-SP
Nelson-SP
Santiago-SP
Shoemaker-SP
Foltynewicz-SP
Street-SP (for anyone needing a closer)
Lamb-3B

a bunch of likely drops or scrubs to move as well.
Hutchison-SP
Cosart-SP
May-SP/RP
Alvarez-SP
Loup-RP
Choate-RP
Jackson-CF
Howard-1B

schnoogens

PostFri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am

I'll be more willing to swing trades once the cards are released and offseason activities are in order across the Majors, but I will definitely have some SP to deal. I will need help on offense, particularly at CF, 2B, and C.

I also just looked at the initial draft and my only two remaining players are Joe Mauer and Cole Hamels. I thought I had owned Greinke the whole time but I actually traded Geovanny Soto and a 3rd round pick for Greinke and a 2nd. Not a bad deal in retrospect...

lakeviewdave

PostSat Oct 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Updated payers looking to deal this off-season

A.J. Pierzynski - C
Wellington Castillo - C
Kendrys Morales - DH
Brandon Phillips - 2B
Dilson Herrera - 2B
Ian Desmond - SS
Eugenio Suarez - SS
Martin Prado - 3B/Util
CJ Cron (pros) - 1B
Corey Dickerson - LF
David Peralta - OF
Matt Kemp - RF

Joe Smith - RP
Santiago Casilla - RP/Closer
Jonathan Papelbon - RP/Closer
David Dahl - CF still in minors
Lucas Sims - SP still in minors
Last edited by lakeviewdave on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ninersphan

PostWed Dec 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving !!

A quick update on my personal life that will effect the league somewhat. After an almost 9 year run as a stay at home dad with a part time job, I have recently reentered the work force full time. (Staring down looming college tuition for my oldest had us reassess our finances.)

How does that effect Strat?, well my time will be cut into significantly for the upcoming season. I still plan on running things, but I will likely not be around to babysit drafts and keep things as updated as frequently as i have in the past. In all honesty if it gets to be to much, I may have to cut things back, but for right now, I plan on doing just as much as year's past. I hope you will all have some patience and help me out in any way you can, specifically, paying attention to the drafts, being careful when posting deals, and not relying on me as much to catch mistakes.

I thank you all in advance for your patience and help, and wish you all a Happy Holiday, no matter which one you might observe.

Peace.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat