D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 1:52 am

we may find that slots aren't necessary, just a 2-hour limit when your turn comes up. but for now, slots keep it organized.

rburgh

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:14 am

There is much more risk/reward for a 2 hour limit - those drafts can make a lot of progress when everyone is paying attention, but during the work week they can bog down pretty badly if there are a couple of guys who don't have access.

Time slots are nice for proxy purposes, and after today I will have 2 days with no picks to make so I will be available to receive proxies - send them to my email (rburgh@gmail.com).

And yes, I'm quite pleased to be looking at Machado/Russell as the left side of my infield for the next decade or more. Thanks for asking.

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 am

rburgh wrote:There is much more risk/reward for a 2 hour limit - those drafts can make a lot of progress when everyone is paying attention, but during the work week they can bog down pretty badly if there are a couple of guys who don't have access.

Time slots are nice for proxy purposes, and after today I will have 2 days with no picks to make so I will be available to receive proxies - send them to my email (rburgh@gmail.com).

And yes, I'm quite pleased to be looking at Machado/Russell as the left side of my infield for the next decade or more. Thanks for asking.

Machado is really young
folks talk about young Kris Bryant but Machado is younger...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:19 am

I sent out slots too early wasn't sure when I'd awake after too much super bowl

from here on out the list of slots will go out closer to 9:00 AM EST...

mea culpa

hang in there I will get better at this...

Paul_Long71

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 am

that's all right, I doubt terry will take his whole 6 hours to pick. we seem to have a crew that is checking in.

bigmahon

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 am

I'm hoping to make a pick today

willmurr24

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:13 am

BANG BANG BANG 3 PICKS JUST LIKE THAT WE CAN DO 5 ROUNDS TODAY IF WE ALL CONCENTRATE AND COMMIT LET'S FOLLOW TGORM OUR FEARLESS LEADER AND WE CAN GET WHERE HE TAKES US WHICH I HOPE IS OK CAUSE TO BE FRANK I THINK HE IS A BIT CRAZY AND WE A MAY WIND UP IN FRONT OF A VAT OF COOL-AID and that can't be good some of us hold responsible places in the outside world , I don't so no big deal for me , but I don't want you to lose it all over some BASEBALL CULT THING , I TRY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO THE WARDEN HE SAYS TO ME ,HE SAYS ''' SALVATION LIES WITHIN ". WHAT? Salvation lies within your third to seventh round picks , and don't be too clever by half and blow the gimme early rounds.THE WARDEN IS A SMART GUY AND HE,S GOT NICE SHINY SHOES

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:17 am

willmurr24 wrote:BANG BANG BANG 3 PICKS JUST LIKE THAT WE CAN DO 5 ROUNDS TODAY IF WE ALL CONCENTRATE AND COMMIT LET'S FOLLOW TGORM OUR FEARLESS LEADER AND WE CAN GET WHERE HE TAKES US WHICH I HOPE IS OK CAUSE TO BE FRANK I THINK HE IS A BIT CRAZY AND WE A MAY WIND UP IN FRONT OF A VAT OF COOL-AID and that can't be good some of us hold responsible places in outside world , I don't so no big deal for me , and I don't want you to lose it all over some BASEBALL CULT THING , I TRY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO THE WARDEN HE SAYS TO ME ,HE SAYS ''' SALVATION LIES WITHIN ". WHAT? Salvation lies within your third to seventh round picks , and don't be too clever by half and blow the gimme early rounds.THE WARDEN IS A SMART GUY AND HE,S GOT NICE SHINY SHOES

now who can argue with that?

told you Fred takes my guys I tried to trade up the last 5 pickers to try and grab cain....late second round early third ...a steal....

I will continue to email folks when they are up and take proxies
my job keeps me in front of the computer all day with little to do...
unbelievable I know....

willmurr24

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 am

I also have little to do I sit In front of Bubba all day long ,I try not to let him get behind me

fredpaii

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 am

i was talking trade with Ghost and also talking with a fellow Strat-head for advice. Why it took me longer than one minute to make my picks
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat