Latos-SP
Santiago-SP
Street-RP
Anderson-SP

Wanted picks and a closer, LF

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Throwing out an idea and would like some thoughts on it before deciding to put it up for a vote.

*To extend the time prospects can be kept from 2 years to 3 years before having to be promoted/released.

2 years seems like a short developmental time period and quite often prospects are carried with no value for a couple of years.
The argument on the flip side I would say is that it creates for a deeper free agent and prospect pool from year to year.

If such a change was implemented I would suggest that current prospects on rosters would not fall under this rule and would therefore have to be promoted this year or next.
The 3 year rule would apply to the 2016 draft class and beyond.

This is not yet a vote just a discussion point.
I think it's important for everyone to suggest ideas to always try and improve on the league.

Thoughts?

MFL536

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Throwing out an idea and would like some thoughts on it before deciding to put it up for a vote.

*To extend the time prospects can be kept from 2 years to 3 years before having to be promoted/released.

2 years seems like a short developmental time period and quite often prospects are carried with no value for a couple of years.
The argument on the flip side I would say is that it creates for a deeper free agent and prospect pool from year to year.

If such a change was implemented I would suggest that current prospects on rosters would not fall under this rule and would therefore have to be promoted this year or next.
The 3 year rule would apply to the 2016 draft class and beyond.

This is not yet a vote just a discussion point.
I think it's important for everyone to suggest ideas to always try and improve on the league.

Thoughts?

I like the idea as long as max prospects on roster stays like it is now at 10

Roscodog

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes it would stay at 10. Thanks for the reply

The Turtle

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 5:00 pm

I vote yes, it makes it more logical to take Single A and just drafted players with 3 years.

Ninersphan

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 5:52 pm

If we are putting it to a vote I say keep it as it is. I think forcing a manager to keep some prospects on the 40 man roster is a good thing. It helps increase the number of free agents available in the spring draft by forcing cuts.

Roscodog

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Not a vote yet, just opening it up for discussion as maybe there are some things that aren't being considered. Gauging general interest as well.

Keep the thoughts coming. Would like most people to chime in with any thoughts. Benefits/Detriments

Ninersphan

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Ok well if it does change, I do agree it should definitely not be retroactive but only pertain to the prospects we pick this year.

tcochran

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 7:54 pm

I agree with NIners that we are better off forcing some prospects to go on active rosters at the two-year mark and allowing other teams to add spare parts that might otherwise be held back.

Likewise, if that Class A prospect is passed up one year, that leaves better guys available to be drafted the following year.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat