D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

^^^ Really like 24 team keeper leagues. This is the first one where I've done the initial draft, so this is very cool for me. My draft strategy was simple - draft great young starting pitchers . Happy with that. I felt like I lost my way for a couple of rounds until I got my available players list up to date. Happy with my picks generally . Nice defense at 2b and ss, and some young players. I missed out on some hitters early but that's the cost of using those early picks to take starting pitchers. Generally very happy. :)

fredpaii

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 12:31 am

I'm okay with how I've done to this point. I might have done a couple things differently. But I really like getting CF Lorenzo Cain after bypassing Trout for Harper with the first pick. That wound up very well for me.

calbatross

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 12:54 am

I missed out on a shortstop I wanted to build around a few times over the course of the draft due to weasels, but I was excited to land Kershaw with pick #11. And I can't believe Miguel Cabrera lasted all the way until my next pick at 38. Beyond that, I think I have been able to balance youth, consistency and potential pretty well thus far and am happy with the value I think I got with my picks. Biggest question marks will be on the back end of the pitching rotation, and obviously shortstop where I am going to rock a 3 regularly. Can't wait to finish rounding out this roster! Picking in the middle sucks, but I am making the best of it :)

fredpaii

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 am

I was really hoping Miggy would last to my second and third pics. He would have been mine!

Btw, I'm also looking forward to the four round prospect draft after this. Fun! Fun! Fun!

I had been out of the Keeper game since the 2013 season due to some scary health issues back then, so I'm loving this. I have played a lot of mystery set leagues since then...70's and 90's mostly. Those are fun but get a little overwhelming when I get over four teams going at one time. I actually let someone else run a couple 70's teams of mine... :o :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

buzz082308

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 10:20 am

Im happy with my team. I think. Maybe. Hopefully my players aren't one year wonders. I still have a couple of players on my short list you guys haven't pilfered yet.

I notice some of the player totals aren't adding correctly. Is that a "formula cell"?

edwardneal63

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 10:27 am

For the record, in case this helps subsequent stadium drafters, my stadium selection will be New York (AL).

piloneus382

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 1:47 pm

are we supposed to be on the clock today?

hveed

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Seems like we should be?

The Turtle

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 4:27 pm

We should be, but we have really slowed down the last 2 or 3 days, let's pick it up with proxies guys

fredpaii

PostFri Feb 19, 2016 6:36 pm

I have to be honest. I was happy to have a break last weekend from time limits. The pace was blistering leading up to the weekend and I welcomed some time away from the draft. Now here we are about half done with the initial FA draft and slowing down considerably. Maybe it's natural for a break from the previous blistering pace but we then must accept we likely won't be done with this draft until the latter half of March at best. Then we have four more rounds of drafting the prospects. And I can't forget about the Stadium draft.

I guess my point is that all this drafting - with 24-team leagues - is a marathon and we may go hell's bells for a portion of it but we'll most certainly have a drag period afterwards. Seems to be human nature. At least my nature... :D
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat