hveed

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Why are we waiting for Ghost?

Just pick already...

gbrookes

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 6:28 pm

In the interest of helping the draft along, anyone who wants my funky available players list, please send me an email at gbrookes@popebrookes.ca .

I've updated it to the end of round 15, but it's strictly buyer beware. There will be errors and omissions.

Oh, and :

"Please note that this is my adaptation from the strat ratings download.

Hitters are on tab 1. Pitchers are on tab 2. (Don’t pay attention to the file name. It has pitchers on tab 2).

Each hitter or pitcher is one row. Once they are drafted, just delete the row.

The spreadsheet is customized to calculate my own ratings system, which uses calculations incorporating ballpark effects.

The ballpark ratings are in cells V2 thru W4 on the hitters tab, and in cells I2 thru J3 on the pitchers tab. Be careful to look at the labeling for these cells – I didn’t exactly do the arrangements logically or consistently, so be careful. The spreadsheet currently has a kind of standard ballpark at 1-11 for singles and 1-8 for homeruns. Be careful when modifying these to make sure you get the modifications right.

Column G is for the “handedness” of the batter. I haven’t taken the time to key those in yet. In effect, right now, my ratings don’t take into account handedness, but the formulas are set up if you want to key it in (I think). 1 is for lefty, 2 is for righty, 3 is for switch hitter. On the pitcher tab, column C is for the handedness of the pitcher. 1 is lefty, blank is righty. I’ve keyed in a few of those, but I haven’t taken the time to be sure, so check lefty/righty status for pitchers before drafting them.

My formula takes into account the ballpark effects, and creates a hitting rating system. It’s hitting only, and does not take into account any other factors such as fielding, baserunning, etc. For hitters, 100 is “good”, or maybe even slightly above average. The “average” rating assumes facing 30% lefty pitchers. The hitting rating versus lefties is in column B, and versus righties is in column C.

For pitchers, a rating of 60 is good, or maybe even above average, for a starting pitcher. I would say a rating of 50 is good for a relief pitcher, but that’s a matter of opinion. For pitchers, I assumed lefties face 22% left handed batters, and RHP face an average of 55% left handed batters, for the sake of calculating an average rating. Again, I didn’t research which pitchers are lefties, so please check before drafting pitchers.

My rating system is as follows – walks (and HBPs) 1.4 points, singles 2 points, doubles (estimated) 3.24 points, triples (estimated) 4.44 points, homeruns 5.74 points. It’s that simple.

Use with caution! Good luck!"

If you want it, send me an email please. The file is an excel file. Please keep it up to date by deleting rows as you go. I can resend it again to you, if you want, later, when my schedule permits.

edwardneal63

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 am

Thank you for offering to share your players list with us.

ycbill

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:04 pm

What? No Big Bashers going for Miller, Coors, or Great American ball parks?

Paul_Long71

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Coors was taken

Paul_Long71

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:28 pm

did willmurr ever pick a stadium? I missed it.

lev.cohen

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:did willmurr ever pick a stadium? I missed it.

He picked Dodger Stadium.

Paul_Long71

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:36 pm

thanks

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Weasel rounds coming up all picks weasel someone as we approach slim pickings in final rounds
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:Weasel rounds coming up all picks weasel someone as we approach slim pickings in final rounds

I just got weaseled by Ed. Oh well. Maybe Uehara gets some Save chances this coming season.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat