D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

the ghost of roger maris

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:07 pm

if we finish the draft today or tomorrow or the next day or .....

we still sit here and wait at least another week for the game to be online......

drink a cold beer
watch some moone boy on netflix....
and enjoy life....
drafting is fun even with delays

try to figure out the upside of Brendan Ryan vs Pete Kosma.....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Paul_Long71

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:11 pm

that would amount to a 1/2 hour clock and not slots. people got upset when I suggested a 2-hour (or 1-hour) clock earlier. pretty sure a 1/2 clock after each pick would not go over well.

Paul

hveed

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:16 pm

So why have slots at all then?

I think you are missing the point a bit...

Paul_Long71

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 pm

I totally get the point. I asked to do a clock from the start. A couple of people couldn't/wouldn't do it if we were on a clock. The slots have been meaningless for the most part as we have stayed way above the slotted times....but they are there so that people don't have to constantly check in (in case of a run and suddenly they are up)...this way they know that they have to pick by a certain time but may get up sooner. neither really matters if everyone is super-vigilant and checking in repeatedly. lots of "you are up" texts/emails help as well. and proxies help.

hope that helps.

hveed

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 pm

that was for the early rounds,

half hour slots where you can't be skipped more than once works great in almost all of the other keeper leagues, especially for the later rounds as interest and importance wanes....

Paul_Long71

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:25 pm

agreed, but don't want the people that refused to have them earlier just get upset and quit. that's even worse, then the whole thing stops while we search for replacements.

let's just hope it picks up again soon. we still have a bit before the game comes out (according to last week's note from John)

calbatross

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:29 pm

1/2 hour assigned slots allow everyone to schedule their draft picks around work/life without constantly checking the boards for movement and still guarantee that we get through at least an entire round a day.

What gets people upset is unpredictability. A fixed schedule shouldn't cause a problem for anyone (except those who think a fixed schedule slows things down, I suppose).

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:30 pm

calbatross wrote:1/2 hour assigned slots allow everyone to schedule their draft picks around work/life without constantly checking the boards for movement and still guarantee that we get through at least an entire round a day.

What gets people upset is unpredictability. A fixed schedule shouldn't cause a problem for anyone (except those who think a fixed schedule slows things down, I suppose).

we can go to 1/2 hour if that's what the people want......
it's easy enough to do......

speak up folks......
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

gbrookes

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
calbatross wrote:1/2 hour assigned slots allow everyone to schedule their draft picks around work/life without constantly checking the boards for movement and still guarantee that we get through at least an entire round a day.

we can go to 1/2 hour if that's what the people want......
it's easy enough to do......

speak up folks......

Sure - why not? I mean, most of the time we're racing ahead of the 1 hour schedule anyway.

What it really means is that people can be skipped if they miss their time slot.

gbrookes

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Agree, but managers can still race ahead (without skipping people) if they get ahead of the 1/2 hour time slots, just like they're doing with the 1 hour time slots. It really just means that people can be skipped if they miss their assigned time slot.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat