D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 7:01 pm

reminder - if you want my available players list - as is where is errors and all - email me at gbrookes@popebrookes.ca

gbrookes

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 7:01 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
calbatross wrote:1/2 hour assigned slots allow everyone to schedule their draft picks around work/life without constantly checking the boards for movement and still guarantee that we get through at least an entire round a day.

What gets people upset is unpredictability. A fixed schedule shouldn't cause a problem for anyone (except those who think a fixed schedule slows things down, I suppose).

we can go to 1/2 hour if that's what the people want......
it's easy enough to do......

speak up folks......

Just bumping this to this page. My own comments are on the previous page.

fredpaii

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 7:34 pm

calbatross wrote:1/2 hour assigned slots allow everyone to schedule their draft picks around work/life without constantly checking the boards for movement and still guarantee that we get through at least an entire round a day.

What gets people upset is unpredictability. A fixed schedule shouldn't cause a problem for anyone (except those who think a fixed schedule slows things down, I suppose).

Exactly. I'm fine if someone says they can't make picks during such and such hours...as long as they leave proxies I don't see an issue at all.

jmlopp

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 8:15 pm

I have done this before and it works just fine.

Mike 8-)

Did Biggie clone his wife?

fredpaii

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

I want to apologize to Terry. I know he's a good guy.

I'll be off to Ghost's anger management class now. Pass the doobie.

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 pm

gbrookes wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:

we can go to 1/2 hour if that's what the people want......
it's easy enough to do......

speak up folks......

Just bumping this to this page. My own comments are on the previous page.

I will send out an email tonight
and if no torches are lit and no pitchforks honed
we will go to 1/2 slots tomorrow ......
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

rburgh

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 10:08 pm

I don't see the point of the time slots, we are getting more than 24 picks a day in doing what we are doing now. Half hour slots are not going to accelerate anything. In fact, they might slow us down by disincentivizing those of us who are on top of things from picking quickly.

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 pm

rburgh wrote:I don't see the point of the time slots, we are getting more than 24 picks a day in doing what we are doing now. Half hour slots are not going to accelerate anything. In fact, they might slow us down by disincentivizing those of us who are on top of things from picking quickly.

we got 25 done yesterday and so far only 14 today
anytime we stall for a few hours during normal hours some folks get itchy....

I will continue to email and text folks to keep it moving ....

I don't think it matters a whit as strato won't be ready for a week or so anyway....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

calbatross

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 11:23 pm

rburgh wrote:I don't see the point of the time slots, we are getting more than 24 picks a day in doing what we are doing now. Half hour slots are not going to accelerate anything. In fact, they might slow us down by disincentivizing those of us who are on top of things from picking quickly.

Just because there would be 1/2 hour time slots, it doesn't mean that people can't continue to pick early...as long as everyone behind them has picked. It in no way limits us to only getting 24 picks in during a day.

More importantly, I look at it as a way to spare the frustration of the occasional long delay. I understand that life happens and sometimes someone can't pick for an extended period. I'd rather not get impatient with an unexpected delay if the back half of the draft can be structured to work around those situations fairly. The time slots sets fair criteria for when a pick can be skipped without penalizing an innocent party the way the "period of time since the last pick" method can.

In my experience, as we get to the later rounds, it is inevitable that some of us are going to care less about who we get and not be as timely with checking in, etc. Even though we kept a good pace the first week or so, the pace has slowed and will continue to slow. I don't want to put anyone (including myself) in a position where they inadvertently frustrate others by not picking in a timely fashion when we can easily build in a workaround.

All that said, I am very happy in general with the progress of the draft to date and think our commissioner(s) have done a great job. I will continue to do my best to be patient, yet pick as timely as I can, whatever the structure may be.

Date Picks Note
4-Feb 10 Untimed first round
5-Feb 10 Untimed first round
6-Feb 14 Saturday
7-Feb 7 Sunday
8-Feb 34 Monday
9-Feb 34 Tuesday
10-Feb 30 Wednesday
11-Feb 34 Thursday
12-Feb 34 Friday
13-Feb 11 Saturday
14-Feb 14 Sunday
15-Feb 26 Monday
16-Feb 26 Tuesday
17-Feb 25 Wednesday
18-Feb 25 Thursday
19-Feb 19 Friday
20-Feb 7 Saturday
20-Feb 6 Saturday - Stadiums
21-Feb 15 Sunday - Stadiums
22-Feb 3 Monday - Stadiums
22-Feb 28 Monday
23-Feb 23 Tuesday
24-Feb 24 Wednesday

calbatross

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 11:35 pm

I also will note that I am willing to take proxies from anyone. Since I am my own boss, I can have a Strat window open on my computer without worry of getting in trouble with the boss ;) So, during the work day, I am generally able to be pretty quick to respond unless I am on a call or in a brief meeting. I am happy to help!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat