D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Guys, I think this is why people wanted to move to the 1/2 hour slots. It also gives a little more certainty as to when your pick is going to come up, in a practical kind of way, and it keeps it moving.

Ghost - a question for you -

when someone has missed a pick - as hkmossy has - in other drafts I've been in with timed slots, the rule was that you can't "race ahead" by picking before your time slot, until everyone who has missed picks has caught up and made their picks. Is this how you are going to run it?

(Re my question above, based on his comments on the board here yesterday, bigmahon might be an exception to that skipped pick "racing ahead" rule, since he said that people could go ahead and make picks even if he missed his pick).

gbrookes

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 12:26 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
edwardneal63 wrote:I am okay with going to 1/2 hour slots or staying with the hour slots whichever way the commissioner decides. My question is, if we do 1/2 hour slots and you miss your scheduled time (no pick and no proxy pick) do you lose the pick or can you pick later? (You would lose your exclusive priority and anyone legitimately picking before you would have priority if their pick posts first. This may complicate the draft too much, especially for the commissioner.)

you pick at any time past your slot....if you miss and are skipped you lose out on players already chosen....
shouldn't be a problem folks have been attentive and proxies are easy when you know your slot...

bumping this comment to this page

FALCON29

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Trade:
FALCON 29 gives picks 21 and 23
Piloneus382 gives picks 20 and 28. (Pick 20 is his own, not the one acquired from Paul Long.)

piloneus382

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 1:37 pm

FALCON29 wrote:Trade:
Piloneus382 gives picks 20 and 28. (Pick 20 is his own, not the one acquired from Paul Long.)

confirm

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 1:48 pm

I guess we are talking rounds 21 and 23 and 20 and 28
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

bigmahon

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 1:57 pm

I guess we are talking rounds 21 and 23 and 20 and 28

Couldn't figure that out either!

bigmahon

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 2:00 pm

gbrookes wrote:Guys, I think this is why people wanted to move to the 1/2 hour slots. It also gives a little more certainty as to when your pick is going to come up, in a practical kind of way, and it keeps it moving.

when someone has missed a pick - as hkmossy has - in other drafts I've been in with timed slots, the rule was that you can't "race ahead" by picking before your time slot, until everyone who has missed picks has caught up and made their picks. Is this how you are going to run it?

(Re my question above, based on his comments on the board here yesterday, bigmahon might be an exception to that skipped pick "racing ahead" rule, since he said that people could go ahead and make picks even if he missed his pick).

gbrookes, I don't get this. hkmossy has been skipped this round, and it looks like a couple of us picked before our respective windows. Was this wrong? If so, it was not made clear.

Also, while I did say I am happy to be skipped from here on out, that only applies to when my time has run out AND the clock for the day is still on. But I said that already...

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 pm

bigmahon wrote:
gbrookes wrote:Guys, I think this is why people wanted to move to the 1/2 hour slots. It also gives a little more certainty as to when your pick is going to come up, in a practical kind of way, and it keeps it moving.

gbrookes, I don't get this. hkmossy has been skipped this round, and it looks like a couple of us picked before our respective windows. Was this wrong? If so, it was not made clear.

Also, while I did say I am happy to be skipped from here on out, that only applies to when my time has run out AND the clock for the day is still on. But I said that already...

once you are skipped those after you are free to pick .....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

FALCON29

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 2:16 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:I guess we are talking rounds 21 and 23 and 20 and 28

Yes. What you've done in Google Docs is absolutely correct.

bigmahon

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm

bigmahon wrote:

once you are skipped those after you are free to pick .....

Phew!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat