D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Great - I just wanted to check how that would work, because I'm in another keeper league that uses 1/2 hour timed slots, and there's different ways you can do that.

gbrookes

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
bigmahon wrote:
gbrookes wrote:Guys, I think this is why people wanted to move to the 1/2 hour slots. It also gives a little more certainty as to when your pick is going to come up, in a practical kind of way, and it keeps it moving.

Ghost - a question for you -

when someone has missed a pick - as hkmossy has - in other drafts I've been in with timed slots, the rule was that you can't "race ahead" by picking before your time slot, until everyone who has missed picks has caught up and made their picks. Is this how you are going to run it?

(Re my question above, based on his comments on the board here yesterday, bigmahon might be an exception to that skipped pick "racing ahead" rule, since he said that people could go ahead and make picks even if he missed his pick).

gbrookes, I don't get this. hkmossy has been skipped this round, and it looks like a couple of us picked before our respective windows. Was this wrong? If so, it was not made clear.

Also, while I did say I am happy to be skipped from here on out, that only applies to when my time has run out AND the clock for the day is still on. But I said that already...

once you are skipped those after you are free to pick .....

Bumping this to this page.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 6:43 pm

looks like Parker got a card (see Garcia's blog). I think that's a big mistake. Best player in the game is a 49 atbat guy. Huge years from many players yet everyone will want Jarrett Parker's card. and obviously that is nowhere near how the real game is perceived. pretty sure that no real fan thinks Jarrett Parker was one of the 5, 10, or 20 best players (hell even top 200) of last season.

oh well, that's the way the game goes. and Arencibia too.

fredpaii

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:looks like Parker got a card (see Garcia's blog). I think that's a big mistake. Best player in the game is a 49 atbat guy. Huge years from many players yet everyone will want Jarrett Parker's card. and obviously that is nowhere near how the real game is perceived. pretty sure that no real fan thinks Jarrett Parker was one of the 5, 10, or 20 best players (hell even top 200) of last season.

oh well, that's the way the game goes. and Arencibia too.

Good for rburgh. He was right.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 6:55 pm

and lev may have the steal of the draft with Refsnyder in round 11. yep, good for rburgh as he has both Parker and Arencibia. would have been tough to lose either as they were early-ish round picks

hveed

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 7:19 pm

That's why most leagues don't play unleashed, to keep things a little more like the real thing. There will always be a few unleashed guys that can change the balance of things, just makes this league a little different.

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 pm

hveed wrote:That's why most leagues don't play unleashed, to keep things a little more like the real thing. There will always be a few unleashed guys that can change the balance of things, just makes this league a little different.

its the risk reward aspect you forgo long term potential for a season of gain....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Terry101

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 10:42 am

the ghost of roger maris wrote:

FALCON29 wrote:
472 hveed Mondesi Raul SS (via email)
Isn't this invalid? He's never played in the Majors. Or above AA for that matter.
Unless we count his 1 WS AB?

that was a MLB game
he is good
albeit I don't think he'll be that good.....

I also didn't think that the ab in the WS counted as a mlb game. A spring training game is a mlb game but doesn't count for "appearances" either. Is this a definitive ruling?

Paul_Long71

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 11:40 am

this was actually discussed way earlier. like during round 1 of the draft. Ghost said he was fair game at that time.

rburgh

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Just read Garcia's blog. I am a happy camper. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat