Street-RP
C.Anderson-SP
Wood-SP
M.Gonzalez-SP

Wanted picks (or pick upgrade).

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Roscodog wrote:Now what you have all been waiting for FKKL Top 40 (available) Prospect List. Please double check to make sure I didn't miss one of these guys on your roster and remember if a player has even one AB or IP (played at all in MLB), they are ineligible for Prospect draft. List is based on MLB's Top 100.

1. Dansby Swanson-SS Braves
2. Brendan Rodgers-SS Rockies
3. Alex Reyes-P Cardinals
4. Blake Snell-P Rays
5. Lewis Brinson-OF Rangers
6. Rafael Devers-3B Red Sox
7. Alex Bregman-SS Astros
8. Jose Deleon-P Dodgers
9. Benintendi-OF Red Sox
10. Zimmer-OF Indians
11. Gleyber Torres- SS Cubs
12. Ozzie Albies-SS Braves
13. Jorge Mateo-SS Yankees
14. Brett Phillips-OF Brewers
15. Dillon Tate-P Rangers
16. Carson Fulmer-P White Sox
17. Anderson Espinoza-P Red Sox
18. A.J. Reed-1B Astros
19. Francis Martes-P Astros
20. Anthony Alford-OF Blue Jays
21. Brent Honeywell-P Rays
22. Manuel Margot-OF Padres
23. Ryan McMahon-3B Rockies
24. Willson Contreras- C Cubs
25. Dominic Smith-1B Mets
26. Jeff Hoffman-P Rockies
27. Michael Fulmer-P Tigers
28. Jake Thompson-P Phillies
29. Javier Guerra-SS Padres
30. Tyler Jay-P Twins
31. Josh Hader- P Brewers
32. Grant Holmes-P Dodgers
33. Victor Robles-OF Nationals
34. Nick Williams-OF Phillies
35. Cody Reed-P Reds
36. Sean Manaea-P Athletics
37. Amir Garrett- P Reds
38. Luis Ortiz-P Rangers
39. Kyle Tucker-OF Astros
40. Daz Cameron-OF Astros

Roscodog

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Anyone want to swap a their 3rd round prospect pick this year for a 3rd round prospect pick in 2017?

Rant

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 pm

I need a clarification on a rule that I despise:

1) TRADES .... You cannot trade draft choices that you do not own. This means that if you trade a 9th round draft pick, you must release as many players as necessary to ensure that you will have a 9th round pick. For example, you have a 40 man roster, and you have acquired an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round draft pick during the year. You have also traded away a 7th and 9th round draft pick. This means you must release at least 12 players prior to the draft to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. If you plan to continue drafting beyond Round 9 you will have to release an additional player for each subsequent round. You cannot drop more than 15 players.

Scenario: I trade for picks in earlier rounds and my last pick needed is in round 6. I make a trade for a player in exchange for my 1st round pick. Is my pick after round six now after round 10? Or do I once again have my 7th round pick forfeited (not a part of a past transaction) during the earlier unbalanced trade>

Roscodog

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

I've never completely understood this rule and don't like it.

Rant

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:30 pm

I'd prefer to just nix the confusing part, such that under Rules | Player Movement reads:
1) TRADES are allowed and encouraged. Trades must be posted by both owners on the league website before they can be enacted. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Unbalanced trades (two for one, three for two, etc) are authorized provided that the 40 man roster limit is maintained at all times; in the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 40 man limit is allowed 1 day to release player(s) to get back to the 40 man limit.

Under
Rules | ANNUAL FREE AGENT DRAFT
4) Prior to the draft, all owners must drop enough players to bring their rosters to a maximum of 30 players allowing for 10 draft picks; Owners can drop below 30 players, but must not have less than 25 prior to the draft. Once an owner has a full 40 man roster, future round picks will be forfeit and owner's slot in draft order skipped. Upon completion of a fully-drafted 40 man roster, an owner is not allowed to trade later round draft picks (e.g., an owner drafts their 40th player in round 8, they may not trade their rounds 9 and 10 picks, as they are forfeited).

Vote to adopt the rule change as listed above:
Rant - Yes

Ninersphan

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:43 pm

When I get home from work and am not forced to type on my phone, I'll explain the intent of the rule, why it exists and how I've come to enforce it in the keepers I run. I think once I do it will clear things up and make it easier. Just give me a few hours.

Rant

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Ninersphan wrote:When I get home from work and am not forced to type on my phone, I'll explain the intent of the rule, why it exists and how I've come to enforce it in the keepers I run. I think once I do it will clear things up and make it easier. Just give me a few hours.

Good by me. I'm in no rush.

Roscodog

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Brought up last year by me. Page 95, 96 could place to review. Niners last year made a suggestion that I think would work if adopted. I'm all for a change though.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat