• Author

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 pm

I'll drop Moss-1b

Ninersphan

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 8:20 pm

Rant wrote:...And in our league we can still trade those draft picks prior to the start of the draft, but not during? (I'm slow).

Also, we can disregard my rule change. But feel free to propose a change to the 24 hour rule and make it immediate. If someone doesn't, of course, we don't have any expressed penalty (is the deal nixed?).

Correct. Once you make your cuts and you know what draft picks you have, you can't trade away a pick you don't have listed on the draft order.

As an example, prior to cuts and the draft starting you trade away your 9th round pick and acquire extra picks in the 4th and 6th rounds. You are only required to cut 9 (disregarding any other rules on minimum cuts for the purpose of this example).

You make your 9 cuts covering your traded 9th round pick. With your added picks you are done drafting in the 7th round. Now once this is established, that is, once all cuts are in and the final draft order determined, you are no longer able to trade away an 8th round pick as you no longer own it. You forfeited it away by acquiring the earlier picks, even though you cut 9 players.

This is the way I've been enforcing the rule the last few years. There was a time when I too thought roscodog's 18 cuts scenario was the way to interpret it but I do not believe that was the intent of the rule. And in fairness, neither kaviksdad or myself wrote this particular rule, it was solely the creation of one mr sandlotshrink.

Roscodog

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 9:54 pm

This finally makes sense to me after all these years.

Ninersphan

PostFri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Roscodog wrote:This finally makes sense to me after all these years.

:-)

My work here is done

nythawk129921

PostSat Feb 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
This is the way I've been enforcing the rule the last few years. There was a time when I too thought roscodog's 18 cuts scenario was the way to interpret it but I do not believe that was the intent of the rule. And in fairness, neither kaviksdad or myself wrote this particular rule, it was solely the creation of one mr sandlotshrink.

Ah the good OLD days. I wonder how Larry and Marc are doing. Bill,have you heard from either recently( I know Larry has a facebook account but haven't heard anything from Marc since he had to step away from the game)

Ninersphan

PostSat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm

nythawk129921 wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:

Ah the good OLD days. I wonder how Larry and Marc are doing. Bill,have you heard from either recently( I know Larry has a facebook account but haven't heard anything from Marc since he had to step away from the game)

Not heard a peep from Marc, sadly. I am friends with Larry on Facebook and we do chat a bit once in awhile, as Strat was not the only thing we had in common. Both of us have/had television production careers, his still on going, mine not so much.

JAMESZIMMER

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 am

Zim trades
3rd round FA pick to Rant for
4th round FA pick
Gio Gonzalez

TBC by Rant.

tcochran

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 10:54 am

Start date?

Last year we were able to stagger the start dates of the drafts for the MLKL and the FKKL, with the MLKL starting shortly after the cards go online and the FKKL starting 2-3 weeks later.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that worked well for me. Can we do that again this year?

Roscodog

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks for bringing that up. I was going to request that we can start the Fkkl a little later. Hockey season for me kids is winding down but March is still pretty full. If we can start a couple towards end of March or later that would help me a lot.
I like how last year we were finishing up around the same time baseball season was.

Ninersphan

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Roscodog wrote:Thanks for bringing that up. I was going to request that we can start the Fkkl a little later. Hockey season for me kids is winding down but March is still pretty full. If we can start a couple towards end of March or later that would help me a lot.
I like how last year we were finishing up around the same time baseball season was.

No problem by me, given I have 4 leagues of my own to run, plus 5 or 6 others to draft in.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat