D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 4:14 pm

it's a keeper league. there is no picking up a player. you must use the players we draft and then at the end of the season you can drop and be in the supplemental draft, etc....

calbatross

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 pm

The 30 players you draft are yours and your ownership is recorded on the googledoc. No one else may pick up your owned players, even though you can only include up to 28 on your game roster. You can make unlimited transactions involving the players you own. What you cannot do, however, is add unowned players from the list of unpicked players after our draft is complete. The only way you will be able to pick up any of those players is in a supplemental draft between our league's two annual 'seasons.'

dc irish

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 pm

bigmahon wrote:Guys, it's been pretty well documented that Michael Grammes is dealing with a family health issue. He's already posted about it, so can't see why he would have to do it again.

I have focused on the draft thread not this, as I assume others have, so it's easy to miss those things.

That being said, with all sympathy to the picker, from a logistics standpoint it essentially halts the draft. The point remains that, whatever the circumstances, and with all sympathy for, apparently the draft is currently set up to be a very caring league on the weekends but ruthlessly inconsiderate of personal plights during the week. The request isn't to make Mr. Grammes feel bad/guilty, as the response seems to hint at. Instead, as I stated, there are many things more important than drafts in this world, and surely someone who can't check in due to personal reasons would be the one MOST in agreement with that statement. The current result is that you have presumably 23 people checking in to see a has he/hasn't he approach for a whole weekend. Don't falsely characterize a logistic argument into an emotional one please.

piloneus382

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:it's a keeper league. there is no picking up a player. you must use the players we draft and then at the end of the season you can drop and be in the supplemental draft, etc....

I didn't see that part in the rules, must've missed it. thanks

another question.

3) Prospects can be activated and promoted to the major league roster during the regular season provided there is roster space available to do so. Players with a full 30 man roster cannot promote a prospect until there is room available to do so.

-If a prospect is defined as a player who has never played in the mlb yet how will I be able to activate him when he has no card?

bigmahon

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:15 pm

dc irish, my post was mainly prompted by rburgh's suggestion that MG had been remiss in not reminding us of his predicament. But as you've already admitted to not reading this thread, I guess you missed that too.

dc irish

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:49 pm

bigmahon wrote:dc irish, my post was mainly prompted by rburgh's suggestion that MG had been remiss in not reminding us of his predicament. But as you've already admitted to not reading this thread, I guess you missed that too.

Bigmahon, not trying to attack you directly just address the issue. I read this thread, but not with as much detail as you and others do I am sure. 23 people who I never have played with, hard to keep all the names/situations straight. You responded with "guys", inferring plural and inferring me, so I responded. No skin off my back either way on this, but we could have easily gotten 2-4 rounds done this weekend, and been in striking issue of finishing this. I love the draft, its the best part of the season (especially with my team's typical performance or lack thereof), but with other responsibilities in life, it would be nice to but this to bed in the near future. I have already gotten in trouble with the wife for leaving the grocery store mid-shopping to complete a pick. More than willing to make those battles/choices when appropriate, but not unnecessarily.

fredpaii

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:58 pm

no way! You left mid-shopping? hahahaha

calbatross

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 6:10 pm

piloneus382 wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:it's a keeper league. there is no picking up a player. you must use the players we draft and then at the end of the season you can drop and be in the supplemental draft, etc....

another question.

3) Prospects can be activated and promoted to the major league roster during the regular season provided there is roster space available to do so. Players with a full 30 man roster cannot promote a prospect until there is room available to do so.

-If a prospect is defined as a player who has never played in the mlb yet how will I be able to activate him when he has no card?

You can't play him until a season when he is issued a card. However you will own the rights to the prospect for the period of time defined in the rules. You would be able to activate him to your 30 man roster if his Prospect time expires and you don't want to give up tour ownership rights.

piloneus382

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 6:16 pm

calbatross wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:

another question.

You can't play him until a season when he is issued a card. However you will own the rights to the prospect for the period of time defined in the rules. You would be able to activate him to your 30 man roster if his Prospect time expires and you don't want to give up tour ownership rights.

that I get. it's the part where it says that said prospect can be called up during the regular season that confuses me

calbatross

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Yeah, that won't come into play until next year.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat