D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

heekin65

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostMon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 pm

It was my proxy text that had Wilhelmsen. I am OK with who I picked this evening as a proxy wasn't needed. It keeps it simple. Thanks Ghost and vice commishes for all your work.

buzz082308

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 pm

On the Google Doc. Andrew Romine is in my column by mistake. He belongs to my neighbor, Calbatross.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Arencibia looks good. $8.63M but we are uncapped for the most part so not a problem. nice get rburgh. injury rating is only a 2 inj on the 11 roll.

if you are wondering how I got his salary, see the thread under the 2XXX forum....he's player # 91369 by the way

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:Arencibia looks good. $8.63M but we are uncapped for the most part so not a problem. nice get rburgh. injury rating is only a 2 inj on the 11 roll.

if you are wondering how I got his salary, see the thread under the 2XXX forum....he's player # 91369 by the way

if you download the 2014 excel sheet from player browser play
column a is the ID
to see them all
so far they haven't followed the old formula for the new players or haven't placed them into the pot
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

edwardneal63

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 8:09 pm

rburgh wrote:You guys may be jumping the gun by picking ahead of your time slots when there are skipped picks out. The normal way that we do this here is that you can't pick ahead of your time slot unless all the previous picks are in. Of course, it's Ghost's call on this, not mine.

My understanding was that as long as the drafter(s) before you had either chosen a player or the slotted time for the person had expired you were free to choose a player without having to wait for your slotted time. Thought we were in "the survival of the fittest", "you snooze you lose" "every man/woman for himself/herself" modes now. I may be incorrect though and will follow the commissioner's directions.

Dr.Publix

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:
rburgh wrote:You guys may be jumping the gun by picking ahead of your time slots when there are skipped picks out. The normal way that we do this here is that you can't pick ahead of your time slot unless all the previous picks are in. Of course, it's Ghost's call on this, not mine.

My understanding was that as long as the drafter(s) before you had either chosen a player or the slotted time for the person had expired you were free to choose a player without having to wait for your slotted time. Thought we were in "the survival of the fittest", "you snooze you lose" "every man/woman for himself/herself" modes now. I may be incorrect though and will follow the commissioner's directions.

Here's Ghost's ruling from last week

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
bigmahon wrote:
gbrookes wrote:Guys, I think this is why people wanted to move to the 1/2 hour slots. It also gives a little more certainty as to when your pick is going to come up, in a practical kind of way, and it keeps it moving.

Ghost - a question for you -

when someone has missed a pick - as hkmossy has - in other drafts I've been in with timed slots, the rule was that you can't "race ahead" by picking before your time slot, until everyone who has missed picks has caught up and made their picks. Is this how you are going to run it?

(Re my question above, based on his comments on the board here yesterday, bigmahon might be an exception to that skipped pick "racing ahead" rule, since he said that people could go ahead and make picks even if he missed his pick).

gbrookes, I don't get this. hkmossy has been skipped this round, and it looks like a couple of us picked before our respective windows. Was this wrong? If so, it was not made clear.

Also, while I did say I am happy to be skipped from here on out, that only applies to when my time has run out AND the clock for the day is still on. But I said that already...

once you are skipped those after you are free to pick .....

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 pm

remember roster rules
strat demands 2 catchers
and 4 pure relievers....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 pm

love the half-hour time slots. Movement is swift.

dc irish

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 2:16 pm

I am curious on what the format is going to be regarding those who have picked players already taken? I've noticed this happening with increasing frequency, and it would be impossible to go back and clear all those picks and re-pick. I assume it's just a surrender of that person's draft pick for that round?

I know there is a lot of players being picked, and everyone has their own system for keeping track of this. I very well may be guilty of this myself, and know people have tried to point out where it has happened when possible. Honestly, when I see these things it usually is 20 picks later and don't want to shake the boat...

buzz082308

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 2:23 pm

dc irish wrote:I am curious on what the format is going to be regarding those who have picked players already taken? I've noticed this happening with increasing frequency, and it would be impossible to go back and clear all those picks and re-pick. I assume it's just a surrender of that person's draft pick for that round?

I know there is a lot of players being picked, and everyone has their own system for keeping track of this. I very well may be guilty of this myself, and know people have tried to point out where it has happened when possible. Honestly, when I see these things it usually is 20 picks later and don't want to shake the boat...

There is an alphabetical list on the google doc to check before you pick. Also several people checking everyone's pick for them. If we miss one, let us know. The person gets to repick.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat