D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 pm

dang...holaday was the guy I was going to pick this round.

dc irish

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

buzz082308 wrote:
dc irish wrote:I am curious on what the format is going to be regarding those who have picked players already taken? I've noticed this happening with increasing frequency, and it would be impossible to go back and clear all those picks and re-pick. I assume it's just a surrender of that person's draft pick for that round?

I know there is a lot of players being picked, and everyone has their own system for keeping track of this. I very well may be guilty of this myself, and know people have tried to point out where it has happened when possible. Honestly, when I see these things it usually is 20 picks later and don't want to shake the boat...

There is an alphabetical list on the google doc to check before you pick. Also several people checking everyone's pick for them. If we miss one, let us know. The person gets to repick.

Tom WIlhelmsen was the one that just stuck out to me. Think there have been others, but not positive. Think there is an inevitability that some will be missed, was asking more in that context.

hveed

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Wilhelmsen was picked as a proxy by mistake a few rounds back.

The pick was changed and WIlhelmsen went back into the available pool which is why the current pick from this round is valid.

buzz082308

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 3:26 pm

These drafts can become a blurr sometimes but, as a player is picked, he is added to the alphabetical list. If he had already been picked, his name would show twice. Currently there are 587 names on the alphabetical list and we are on pick number 587. I just scanned the list and I don't see any duplicate names. So we should be okay.

calbatross

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah, with 24 people watching and keeping track in their own ways, it is highly unlikely a duplicate pick would go unnoticed for long.

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 5:00 pm

the wilmenson fiasco was all me
I confused HeeK with HKMossy
only 3 of us have editing priviledges and MGrammes is still out of pocket
Paul Long and I check up on each other as best as possible
and the rest keep us on our toes
thanks.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

buzz082308

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Would I be nit picking if I pointed out that "Adames, Cristhian" does spell his first name with that "h" in it?

gbrookes

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Lev Cohen - nice pick with Tyler Skaggs - I had identified him as a possible pick in this draft - nice pick!

heekin65

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 pm

PostMon Feb 29, 2016 8:18 pm

It was my proxy text that had Wilhelmsen. I am OK with who I picked this evening as a proxy wasn't needed. It keeps it simple. Thanks Ghost and vice commishs for all your work.-<<< (My post from Feb 29)

I passed on re-picking Wilhelmsen that round to avoid any confusion or re-picking. Since I had him picked before, I felt somewhat obligated and the fact that he was still available in this round, I then optioned to pick him today. So as the serpentine order ran through the loop, I had equal access as all others before me. I have to use proxy during the day as I get limited cell reception outdoors at work and the government computer filter blocks Strat-O (Can you believe that). I can only pick when I am sporadically at higher elevations.

Thanks to Ghost and Vice commishs for their continued great work in helping with the proxys.

lev.cohen

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 6:37 pm

gbrookes wrote:Lev Cohen - nice pick with Tyler Skaggs - I had identified him as a possible pick in this draft - nice pick!

Thanks. I've been targeting him for a while, figured this was around the right place to take him.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat