D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 5:23 pm

I don't think we've discussed this yet, but I am VERY AGAINST using the new super-advanced injuries (pitcher injuries) as I don't know if they've beta-tested this enough to see that it works. I don't want us to use them, at least not for the first year so that we can at least see if they are working properly

I posted a thread about it on the 2xxx forums. but here is my concern (and I used Capps as an example, he's an Injury of 6)

instead of only checking for pitcher injuries when facing the DH (the bad 6-6-6 roll) that now pitchers will check on every batter they face (off their card or all batters, looks like all batters ). pitchers with high injury ratings would then be hurt A LOT as they will get injured on a 6 (for example) which is way more often than a 12 roll. and checking for that 6 roll on EVERY batter versus just once every 9 batters is gonna lead to a LOT of injuries.

This doesn't seem right though as a guy like Capps (injury of 6) is still priced very high despite his high injury rating. With an injury rating of 6 I'd expect him to get hurt a LOT. and he could miss what 15 games every time? if so, he's rarely gonna be eligible to pitch and shouldn't be 4.5 to 5 million.

so....someone please explain the new pitcher injuries if you can. I sure hope it's been beta-tested to death to make sure that high injury pitchers aren't constantly injured and if they are then I would hope their salary was dropped in relation to that.
Last edited by Paul_Long71 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heekin65

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Does anybody ever try their players by loading in a public league with the new set? New 2015 cards are out or is considered acceptable practice?

Paul_Long71

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I don't see why not. I'm sure there are people that own the CD game (same cards) that are trying/simulating seasons with their guys.

fredpaii

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 pm

I agree with Paul. Definite NO vote for the Super Advanced Injury feature. At least for 24-team leagues.

calbatross

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I don't see why not. I'm sure there are people that own the CD game (same cards) that are trying/simulating seasons with their guys.

Like me!

hveed

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I vote we do use the injury rules. Injuries are part of baseball.

ycbill

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 7:15 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:what happens when I only draft 10 carded pitchers but need 11 to get through the draft?

I assume I can use an undrafted player as a placeholder to get me through

Let's discuss this
I like that idea but let's see what others say....

Good strategy for those that use it, allowing them to stockpile another player on their 30 man roster. Those that don't use that strategy would have another pitcher available to choose from the draft pool. Placeholders for position players might also work in some cases.

bigmahon

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm only in a thousand keeper leagues, but in all of those you are required to draft a squad that will conform to SOM online roster requirements (as per the helpful reminder previously provided by our commish). And in the rare league where there is variation, agreement is normally secured well in advance of the 23rd round. Are we really negotiating this now? :?

The Turtle

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 7:46 pm

bigmahon wrote:I'm only in a thousand keeper leagues, but in all of those you are required to draft a squad that will conform to SOM online roster requirements (as per the helpful reminder previously provided by our commish). And in the rare league where there is variation, agreement is normally secured well in advance of the 23rd round. Are we really negotiating this now? :?

I agree, you must have 14 hitters, 11 pitchers and 2 catchers.

lev.cohen

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Agreed, figured this was implied.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat