HCKL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lev.cohen

Re: HCKL Chat Thread

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
lev.cohen wrote:While we load, I thought I might as well try to stir up some trade talk. I'm looking to add a quality starting pitcher with (*) preferred but not required. I'm putting prospect picks and prospects on the block along with:
Robert Refsnyder-- DH only but the man can rake
David Wright-- ELITE 3B against lefties, very good OB against righties
Hyun-Jin Ryu + Desmond Jennings-- Not usable this year but promising going forward
Robinson Cano or Devon Travis-- not selling either cheap but I could be convinced
Andrew Heaney / Kyle Gibson / C.J. Wilson / Edinson Volquez-- could move for aforementioned SP upgrade
Carlos Gomez-- not great this year but also not cheap since I expect a big bounce back

If we're talking about an ace, I could also include Nelson Cruz.
Let me know if you have any ideas about these players or anyone else.

Thought about maybe offering Tyson Ross, as I'm clearly not going to compete this year but you do not have a thing I need, 1b, SS, C in surplus.

Yeah that's kind of unfortunate, probably my three shallowest positions. Oh well.

Cubit

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 am

Everyone's in but the Hawk. :)

qksilver69

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 11:39 am

Hawk is now in & we are FILLED! Nice job fellas, that may be our fastest fill ever, less than 24 hrs start to finish! 8-)

qksilver69

PostSat Mar 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Some updates after tweaking the sim rosters I had based on the teams everyone loaded:

- Both the Central and West are tighter than 1st appeared. Craig and Hawk are in a dogfight for the West and Lev and Jason are neck & neck in the Central.

- Smitty challenges more often for the WC than in initial sims.

So Season 1 looks to have some very nice races across all the divs. Should be a fun one fellas!

Hot Stove notes - I'd like to acquire a strong reverse LH RP or a RH RP similar to Givens, someone in the $3-4M range. Holler if you have someone.

qksilver69

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Well with 9 games left in the reg season most of the races are decided. My sims were pretty accurate as to winners and WC, but unfortunately the races were not as competitive in Season 1 as I had hoped.

Only the West is still in any real doubt as Cubit has 1 series left against Craig where he can make it close. Interestingly Cubit currently owns the tiebreaker with an 11-10 edge in the head-to-head.

Mathematically Smokey can still catch me after my late-season slump, but sweeping him last night gives me the tiebreaker so as long as we win 1 of our remaining 9 games we will win the div. Disappointed though that we won't challenge for 120 wins as a team or 30 wins for Arrieta, after 112 games we were on track for both but injuries and bad breaks resulted in us going 21-20 over that stretch til now.

Anyway, looking fwd to the rest of the season, hoping all the contenders stay healthy!

Cheers,
Qk

Cubit

PostWed May 04, 2016 9:22 am

Well, Qk, I tried to turn the tide, but.... :roll:

Palmtana

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 5:39 pm

JAMESZIMMER wrote:So I need 3 cuts then?

0, 1, 2, or 3. Your choice.

Cubit

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I will be traveling, largely without access or opportunity for several days next week-- your Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at least. Heads Up. I picked in Round 1 of the SUPP draft today.

qksilver69

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Guys - a couple of notes, as mentioned via email, please use closed proxy lists if you want to list more than 1 player/upcoming pick.

I still have players or picks available for an upcoming pick. Valuable guys on offer include B McCann, Eovaldi closer C Allen, or prospects plus FA picks next year (4th by itself or 5th + prospect like Thompson or similar).

Let me know if you want to shop a pick.

qksilver69

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 10:27 am

Hi all,

I created the league.

Pword = playtwo

Divs as follows:

East
Qksilver
Craig
Smokey