D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

edwardneal63

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 pm

I would favor using the standard/old injury rules for pitchers instead of the new rules as when we drafted we had limited injury information available. Matt Albers with 37.1ip is a 6 injury and Arodys Vizcaino with 33.2ip is a 1. Don't know how you would know that injury difference existed when drafting. While injuries are part of the game, certain pitchers having a higher possibility of injury that drafters likely were not aware of when choosing, seems to make using the standard/old pitching injury rules fairer.

lev.cohen

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 11:29 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:I would favor using the standard/old injury rules for pitchers instead of the new rules as when we drafted we had limited injury information available. Matt Albers with 37.1ip is a 6 injury and Arodys Vizcaino with 33.2ip is a 1. Don't know how you would know that injury difference existed when drafting. While injuries are part of the game, certain pitchers having a higher possibility of injury that drafters likely were not aware of when choosing, seems to make using the standard/old pitching injury rules fairer.

Totally agree.

The Turtle

PostThu Mar 03, 2016 11:30 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:I would favor using the standard/old injury rules for pitchers instead of the new rules as when we drafted we had limited injury information available. Matt Albers with 37.1ip is a 6 injury and Arodys Vizcaino with 33.2ip is a 1. Don't know how you would know that injury difference existed when drafting. While injuries are part of the game, certain pitchers having a higher possibility of injury that drafters likely were not aware of when choosing, seems to make using the standard/old pitching injury rules fairer.

I agree with this too, although, in Year 2 I would like us to consider the new injury rule. I do like it, but since we drafted before the cards come out, it would seriously have changed who I picked.

piloneus382

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 am

I'll draft a pitcher as to not stop the draft while we debate but we should figure it out soon.

I would be in favour of 10/13 minimum requirements, if HAL will let my team play then I should be allowed to be as thin as I want at any position on my roster.

Paul_Long71

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 11:57 am

according to the google doc, hkmossy and lev have both passed their time slots and gbrookes is up.
Last edited by Paul_Long71 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

fredpaii

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

I want to thank Ghost and his Co-Commish's Paul_Long71 and Michael Grammes for their work in keeping this draft going. That Alpha list is huge for me. The posted draft slots - HUGE! The willingness to try something different (moving to half-hour slots) was also huge. I'm glad we have such tireless workers with flexible enough minds to keep us on track.

Anyways, a round of applause for our leaders. And I'm looking forward to that prospect draft!

hveed

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 1:42 pm

calbatross wrote:
The Turtle wrote:
bigmahon wrote:I'm only in a thousand keeper leagues, but in all of those you are required to draft a squad that will conform to SOM online roster requirements (as per the helpful reminder previously provided by our commish). And in the rare league where there is variation, agreement is normally secured well in advance of the 23rd round. Are we really negotiating this now? :?

I agree, you must have 14 hitters, 11 pitchers and 2 catchers.

My opinion is in agreement with these fellows.

Totally disagree, the draft requirements and the roster requirements are not the same thing. You don't have to carry 11 pitchers in a season, nor can you draft all 30 of your players.

The league rule is a little vague:

"1) Each team's roster size (up to 30) is up to the owner as long as it meets SOM minimum and maximum requirements.

Doesn't mention the draft or which minimum and maximum we are talking about, however only carrying 10 pitchers does meet the SOM minimum roster requirement.

Either way we should get this settled soon because it is going to effect who can and cannot be picked by certain teams in the final couple of rounds.

gbrookes

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 pm

fredpaii wrote:I want to thank Ghost and his Co-Commish's Paul_Long71 and Michael Grammes for their work in keeping this draft going. That Alpha list is huge for me. The posted draft slots - HUGE! The willingness to try something different (moving to half-hour slots) was also huge. I'm glad we have such tireless workers with flexible enough minds to keep us on track.

Anyways, a round of applause for our leaders. And I'm looking forward to that prospect draft!

Agree 100% - thanks guys!

calbatross

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 pm

hveed wrote:
The Turtle wrote:
bigmahon wrote:I'm only in a thousand keeper leagues, but in all of those you are required to draft a squad that will conform to SOM online roster requirements (as per the helpful reminder previously provided by our commish). And in the rare league where there is variation, agreement is normally secured well in advance of the 23rd round. Are we really negotiating this now? :?

I agree, you must have 14 hitters, 11 pitchers and 2 catchers.

Totally disagree, the draft requirements and the roster requirements are not the same thing. You don't have to carry 11 pitchers in a season, nor can you draft all 30 of your players.

The league rule is a little vague:

"1) Each team's roster size (up to 30) is up to the owner as long as it meets SOM minimum and maximum requirements.

Doesn't mention the draft or which minimum and maximum we are talking about, however only carrying 10 pitchers does meet the SOM minimum roster requirement.

Either way we should get this settled soon because it is going to effect who can and cannot be picked by certain teams in the final couple of rounds.

Clearly, some people have been drafting with the understanding that they would not need to have a valid roster for the SOM Auto-Draft, so despite my opinion, I don't think it is fair to expect everyone to conform to Strat's 14/11 draft requirement, if it wasn't stated clearly in the rules. However, despite our league rules, the SOM game's roster requirements are non-negotiable (2 catchers, 4 true relievers, minimum 10 pitchers, etc.) If the league allows, then to prevent issues with the autodraft, it will be important that those drafting with placeholders to identify those players pre-draft so that others don't use the same placeholders on their draft card. It only takes one duplicated player to create a nuisance ripple effect that can affect others' rosters unintentionally.

I propose to the commissioners that after this draft, we vote on a rule specifically requiring rosters in future years to conform to Strat's drafting requirements (i.e., at least 11 pitchers and 14 hitters, etc.). It should be fairly easy for everyone to comply in future years since whether or not a player is carded will be known in advance of future free agent drafts.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 3:48 pm

the people have spoken
we should not have problems having 4 pure relievers and 2 catchers

some folks may have to make a post draft trade but so be it it's part of the game
I will be taking a 4th pure reliever soon....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat