D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hveed

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am

fredpaii wrote:
hveed wrote:I was thinking you would probably have to rework the trade(s). Just eliminate the 4th round pick from next year from it and it is valid.

There is almost no chance you will be able to make that pick anyway, you would have to promote or cut 2 prospects to even to have space for that pick.

I'll just promote a couple prospects next year...regardless of whether they get carded or not. I think the real issue lies in prospect drafts after next years. There might be some problems then in being able to sustain non-carded prospects in your 30-man roster.

Which is another reason to only have a 2 round draft starting next year...

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 11:23 am

Just for the record, I won't have any more prospect picks than anyone else after this draft or even next years draft. Just that one can see potential issues going forward in regards to future trading of prospect slots if a person can't justify they would have been able to use the slot to begin with...if that's an issue as it is for FA drafts.

calbatross

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 11:45 am

I was under the impression that future years' prospect drafts would be only 2 rounds. ?

hveed

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 pm

hveed trades Mondesi, Raul SS KC

to gbrookes

for gbrookes 2016 3rd round prospect pick

gbrookes to confirm

gbrookes

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:15 pm

hveed wrote:hveed trades Mondesi, Raul SS KC

to gbrookes

for gbrookes 2016 3rd round prospect pick

gbrookes to confirm

confirmed

gbrookes

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:22 pm

On the understanding that Mondesi is a roster player and not a prospect, if then I am required to cut a player to get down to 30, my cut will be Charlie Furbush RP.

ycbill

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Rule 6 under "prospect rules" specifies a 4 round prospect draft. I am not finding mention of a 2 round draft in the rules.

rburgh

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:41 pm

I like the idea of keeping the prospect draft at 4 rounds. It helps teams to rebuild faster since there are going to be prospects that the established teams don't have the roster space to keep (and therefore they are not going to be exercising all their prospect picks).

It also brings the focus more onto the higher minors, greatly simplifying the necessary research. Anderson Espinoza and Brendan Rodgers are no doubt excellent prospects, but my guess is that neither of them is going to see the majors before 2019. That's a long wait, but it will mean that there are going to be a couple more fringe useful cards available in future FA drafts, which also helps teams rebuild.

And, I will steadfastly oppose any expansion of the keeper lists to make it less painful to keep uncarded guys. :)

hveed

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:45 pm

ycbill wrote:Rule 6 under "prospect rules" specifies a 4 round prospect draft. I am not finding mention of a 2 round draft in the rules.

You are right, it does say that.

However the majority of teams won't have room for a 3rd round pick next year, let alone a 4th. By year 3 hardly anyone will be able to make even a second round pick.

So it makes sense to either limit the draft to 2 rounds in the future or expand the roster to 10 prospect slots. Doesn't matter to me either way...

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 12:48 pm

hveed wrote:
ycbill wrote:Rule 6 under "prospect rules" specifies a 4 round prospect draft. I am not finding mention of a 2 round draft in the rules.

You are right, it does say that.

However the majority of teams won't have room for a 3rd round pick next year, let alone a 4th. By year 3 hardly anyone will be able to make even a second round pick.

So it makes sense to either limit the draft to 2 rounds in the future or expand the roster to 10 prospect slots. Doesn't matter to me either way...

That certainly sounds better than your idea of me cutting the 4th round prospect pick in next years draft from my trade with bigmahon! :D :D :D
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat