Franchise League with a Twist 2.0 Draft

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Davesodu

Re: Franchise League with a Twist 2.0 Draft

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 pm

One question before we finish and I put in my draft card. I have Schmidt who is a Phillie his whole career. Say I want another 3b as well as Schmidt but am running out of cash and I can't list both of them. So I list Don Money and leave Schmidt off my draft card figuring I will add him during free agency. When the draft is run someone gets Schmidt as a replacement for a 3b they lost. Can they then keep Schmidt as their free agent since he wasn't drafted? Or do they have to drop Schmidt since he is a player on one of the 12 franchises and a free agent must be one of the other franchises? This may have come up in the last league but I think my whole team was comprised of multi-team players and then I added Biggio who was always an Astro (not in that league) as a free agent so I never thought about it.

FYI - I do have Schmidt listed but was wondering about a couple of other guys that may be Philly only players that I may like to have after the draft. They aren't big stars but could fill holes depending on how my draft goes, they aren't on my "need to have" list like Schmidt who is already listed. This may change how I order my draft card and free agent pickups.

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 6:19 pm

I believe any player that has played only for one franchise is the sole property of said franchise and not eligible to be drafted as a free agent but under the new format may be traded by his franchise and at that point would become the free agent player for his new team. Bill

LANCETUCKER

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Any player who is listed as a FA AFTER the draft is fair game for ANY other team. You must populate your pre draft roster with legal players from your franchise. So If Houston leaves Bagwell and Biggio off their intial pre draft roster they become FA and fair game for all. The same applies to Schmidt even though he only played for Phillie, if he is not on your post draft roster then he is a FA and anyone can then pick him up. Also remember because many players played for multiple franchises you will want to rank these players accordingly. Hope this clears things up.

FALCON29 contacted strat to make us an EXP card set with all the post WW2 stadiums to use. He thinks it will be available early next week. If you already have a roster then you should be able to use the EXP card set with no problem. I'm sure he will update me when it's available which I will pass on or he can just post a message here. We will continue to use the League Message Board for communication until the league has been formed.

LANCETUCKER

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Also please note that your designated FA pitcher/hitter CANNOT be traded or dropped after the season starts or they are declared by you. All other players may be traded as long as they are legal to both franchises. My thoughts about the designated FA is teams sign a big money guy sometimes this works out, sometimes not, in most cases this FA is never dropped or traded in the first year of the contract. This was my inspiration for the FA designated pitcher/hitter.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 pm

this is the twist! Of course, the Indians signing of Cone and Petrocelli in the last offseason explains why everyone from management to the coaching staff and down all the way to the the beer man will not be back next year.

bmilner

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 11:44 pm

Well, I've always wanted to try them, so I'm taking the Mets,

1) Chris_s - Astros
2) 1787 - Yankees
3) Danielz - Cardinals
4) Doug - Reds
5) Bontomn - Padres
6) Modmark - Giants
7) FALCON29 - Cubs
8) BDWard - Dodgers
9) malamutt - Royals
10) Davesodu - Phillies
11) Palerydr2.0 - Toronto
12) bmilner - Mets

Davesodu

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 1:07 am

Different mix of teams than I thought would be here. I will get some guys I thought I would have to fight for and will have to fight for some guys I thought I would get. Should be fun.

danielz

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 11:50 am

Our first league had 7 A.L. teams
Down to only 3 this league

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 12:05 pm

ready to roll when will the league be up. Bil

LANCETUCKER

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 12:25 pm

I will get things rolling Monday. Give everyone a chance to look over your roster and get it firmed up. I feel we should have the league up and rolling by Wednesday latest giving us plenty of time to make roster adjustments.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat