Franchise League with a Twist 2.0 Draft

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FALCON29

Re: Franchise League with a Twist 2.0 Draft

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 12:40 pm

To pass the time while waiting for this set to be created, there are 2 batters, (Jose Cruz and Benito Santiago) and 2 pitchers, (Dave Roberts and Brett Tomko) that are eligible of 7 of our teams. If you want one of these guys there could be quite a battle.

LANCETUCKER

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Wow just those 2 huh? Um yeah I clearly didn't think my team selection through as I have no less than 18 players on my draft card that can be drafted by at least 1 other team. This draft is gonna be a blood bath for me :x

modmark46

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Remind me, was it '68 (and after) that was the break for a card we could use?

BDWard

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 12:59 pm

1967 is the first year of player eligibility for the expansion set.

modmark46

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

thanks

BDWard

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 12:30 am

Remember, your autodraft card should contain expansion era player cards of any player who PLAYED for your franchise. The player does not have to be carded to your franchise. Also, no free agents (players who never played for your franchise) can appear on your autodraft card, but can be picked up during waivers.

doug_tucker10

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 am

Why does SOM use 1967 as the year used for the beginning of the "expansion era" when the era literally began in 1961/62?

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

F/A pickups during the waiver period dosnt seem fair. Suppose team A has the draft rights to a player but due to the luck of the Draft the player winds up on another team ,the team does the correct thing and drops said player, Team A then puts him on his waiver wish list but again loses out because another team selects said player as a free agent . It seems to me that free agent pick ups should be allowed after the waiver period. Bill

Davesodu

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 am

doug_tucker10 wrote:Why does SOM use 1967 as the year used for the beginning of the "expansion era" when the era literally began in 1961/62?

I would think either those years or else the '69 season would start expansion. But we are asking SOM to be logical which is foolhardy.

1787 wrote:F/A pickups during the waiver period dosnt seem fair. Suppose team A has the draft rights to a player but due to the luck of the Draft the player winds up on another team ,the team does the correct thing and drops said player, Team A then puts him on his waiver wish list but again loses out because another team selects said player as a free agent . It seems to me that free agent pick ups should be allowed after the waiver period. Bill

If the draft card is set up properly this shouldn't happen as no one should be on your draft card that didn't play for your franchise. No one should have Schmidt on their card so the fact I have him 25th means I get him. If this does happen I think a message to everyone saying "I got Schmidt in error and I will be dropping him" followed by my reply of "I want Schmidt, please don't pick him up" should suffice. If Schdmit played one year with the Yanks and the Yanks got him in the draft then that is my bad luck and the Yanks don't have to drop him as he is a legal player for them.

LANCETUCKER

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 10:48 am

"If the draft card is set up properly this shouldn't happen as no one should be on your draft card that didn't play for your franchise. No one should have Schmidt on their card so the fact I have him 25th means I get him. If this does happen I think a message to everyone saying "I got Schmidt in error and I will be dropping him" followed by my reply of "I want Schmidt, please don't pick him up" should suffice. If Schdmit played one year with the Yanks and the Yanks got him in the draft then that is my bad luck and the Yanks don't have to drop him as he is a legal player for them."

Because there is no real way for me to enforce players being put on the correct rosters probably the only way to solve this is set up a live draft. I haven't done 1 and I would need some help in getting it going. I would not want to go this route. Instead I would like to count on the honesty and reputations of the managers that are playing in this league, which from what I have seen from the message boards as well as competing against you all is excellent. This was not a problem the last time we drafted so I am counting on that being the case again.

Rule #6 6) This will be a league based on the honor system. I feel this will be a fun league so let’s have at it. If there are any kinks in the league we will try and iron them out during the FA waiting period.

I will have the league out later today or possibly tomorrow. Would like to see the roster that Start created for us.

I suppose we could also draft right here on the League Chat page will take longer but no one would feel like they lost a player that should be on their roster due to bad luck.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat