1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: NAKL Chat

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 7:58 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:Still carded at SS for this year ;)

I realize that, of course that's if you like playing 3 range SS.

You can win with a 3 at SS, won a few keeper leagues last year with Danny Santana at SS.

Castro's card isn't like Santana's card on offense to offset the lesser D. ;)

Jerlins

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 2:30 am

Many players, quite a few recently, with a lot less pre-hype didn't really take off until 26 years or older. Donaldson, Bautista, A, Gordon, Ortiz, to name a few. The player that comes to mind (with more power mind you) is Beltre. Here was a guy, who many said was destined for greatness, comes up at the age of 20 (like Castro), shows signs of his hype, though inconsistent for the most part, before something finally clicks. I won't say Castro will follow that path, but at age 26, I have seen enough talent in him to hang onto him for another year to see if a change of scenery (and coaching) brings out his full talent.

Let's also remember, the burden placed on him by having to be the face of the franchise at such a young age. Some players can handle the responsibility, others, not so much. Let's see what he can do just being able to blend in. I'm willing to take a chance with my 35th to 40th slot that he becomes an asset. Destined for stardom? Most likely no. Serviceable in future years? Maybe so. To me, he's worth the gamble of a wasted roster slot <shrug>.

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 5:25 am

Anyone looking for adding to their prospect picks for this year or next year? I seem to have acquired a lot of prospect picks and will be looking to trade multiple picks to move up in prospect draft (2 for 1 or 3 for 1, depending on what kind of deal).

For this year and next year, I have multiple summer prospect picks to deal, looking to move up in the spring prospect draft.

Will also deal a 1st Prospect Pick next year + a 3rd Prospect pick this year or next + 4th Prospect Pick this year or next year for a 1st Prospect Pick this year.

Or 1st Prospect Pick #7 + 3rd and/or 4th Pros Picks this year or next for an 1st Prospect Pick this year that is better than #7, compensation determined by what pick you have to deal.

May consider dealing Pros Picks 11 and 12 (or 12 + 2017 Pros pick) for a prospect pick better that #7 + other pros pick, depending on what Pros pick you have to deal.

schnoogens

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Jerlins wrote:
Jerlins wrote:Would be willing to trade Trevor Story if anyone has an interest in a SS of the future.

He's still available :D

I think we kinda missed the window to trade for him when the price tag would've been more reasonable... :D

Jerlins

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 3:58 pm

schnoogens wrote:
Jerlins wrote:
Jerlins wrote:Would be willing to trade Trevor Story if anyone has an interest in a SS of the future.

He's still available :D

I think we kinda missed the window to trade for him when the price tag would've been more reasonable... :D

Not necessarily true. Obviously, his price tag has gone up, but at present, I am set at that position. I don't know, looking at your team, do you think Carlos Martinez is too high a price tag? If so, make a counter offer. Shortstop isn't the easiest position to fill on a yearly basis, even if its just a one year filler. Normally you can find a few SP's that can hold you over for one year, as witnessed by this year's options.

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Ok not sure how i did it, but somehow I gave Jerlins and extra pick, he should have made 10 picks, he made 11, so Brandon Finnegan is no longer on his squad.

I'll be setting up the league shortly.

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 3:50 pm

League is created, once an east team has entered I'll drop out.

password :NAKL

Divisions:

EAST
1 Schnoogens
2 Bigmahon
3 Aray0113
4 wjs6768

CENTRAL
5 roscodog
6 mfl536
7 Madigan33
8 Nythawk

WEST
9 thisisray
10 Ninersphan
11 Lakeviewdave
12 Jerlins

WJS6768

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

League is created, once an east team has entered I'll drop out.

Divisions:

EAST
1 Schnoogens
2 Bigmahon
3 Aray0113
4 wjs6768 - IN

CENTRAL
5 roscodog
6 mfl536
7 Madigan33
8 Nythawk

WEST
9 thisisray
10 Ninersphan
11 Lakeviewdave
12 Jerlins

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 pm

and I'm out,

League is created,

Divisions:

EAST
1 Schnoogens
2 Bigmahon - IN
3 Aray0113
4 wjs6768 - IN

CENTRAL
5 roscodog
6 mfl536
7 Madigan33
8 Nythawk

WEST
9 thisisray
10 Ninersphan
11 Lakeviewdave
12 Jerlins

Jerlins

PostSat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 am

Ninersphan wrote:Ok not sure how i did it, but somehow I gave Jerlins and extra pick, he should have made 10 picks, he made 11, so Brandon Finnegan is no longer on his squad.

I'll be setting up the league shortly.

No problem, I should have caught it as well. Didn't even think about the fact that I had only 10 picks and 2 in the first round. I also missed the swap of picks in RD 6th with dave, but no biggie, was just 1 spot. I'm just amazed how few (if any) oversights you actually have, running so many leagues. No doubt, you are the best at this stuff.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat