D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Totally OT

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one here on this site but I had a run-in with the recently deceased Muhammad Ali. This was back in October of 1982.

Anyhow, me and some friends of my friend wanted to go see The Who. They were playing at the L.A. Coliseum this particular October night. But since we didn't have tickets on us we went to the Coliseum during the daylight hours in hopes of procuring some tickets.

A funny thing happened on the way however. We left our car parked some distance away from the Coliseum and were walking towards a main L.A. road where the Coliseum resides when shock of shocks - one of us goes "Hey, there's Ali!". Of course I thought immediately it must be someone that merely resembled him . NOOOO. It was Muhammad Ali in the flesh riding in a convertible brown Rolls Royce with a woman on either side of him with the top down. The one who spotted Ali yelled "Cassius, Cassius!" Then ali's eyes get real big. I mean real big. And right then I knew that was NOT the thing to call out to Mr. Ali. hahahaha. I literally was afraid for my friend who by this time was almost right on top of Ali's car - it was a slow traffic day with the concert coming soon. so we all got a good look at Ali.

Ali never got out of his car but he made like he was really upset. The two young ladies in his car were laughing hysterically through it all. It was both funny and weird as hell to witness all of that. So fluky yet somehow spiritual at the same time. WEIRD. Still seems unreal to me.

I had to retell my brush with Ali here after his passing. He enjoyed having fun with people. Especially that day.

gbrookes

Re: Totally OT

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm

fredpaii wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one here on this site but I had a run-in with the recently deceased Muhammad Ali. This was back in October of 1982.

Anyhow, me and some friends of my friend wanted to go see The Who. They were playing at the L.A. Coliseum this particular October night. But since we didn't have tickets on us we went to the Coliseum during the daylight hours in hopes of procuring some tickets.

A funny thing happened on the way however. We left our car parked some distance away from the Coliseum and were walking towards a main L.A. road where the Coliseum resides when shock of shocks - one of us goes "Hey, there's Ali!". Of course I thought immediately it must be someone that merely resembled him . NOOOO. It was Muhammad Ali in the flesh riding in a convertible brown Rolls Royce with a woman on either side of him with the top down. The one who spotted Ali yelled "Cassius, Cassius!" Then ali's eyes get real big. I mean real big. And right then I knew that was NOT the thing to call out to Mr. Ali. hahahaha. I literally was afraid for my friend who by this time was almost right on top of Ali's car - it was a slow traffic day with the concert coming soon. so we all got a good look at Ali.

Ali never got out of his car but he made like he was really upset. The two young ladies in his car were laughing hysterically through it all. It was both funny and weird as hell to witness all of that. So fluky yet somehow spiritual at the same time. WEIRD. Still seems unreal to me.

I had to retell my brush with Ali here after his passing. He enjoyed having fun with people. Especially that day.

Very cool story!!!

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 5:15 pm

boblues,

just so you know, Aaron Hill is on the Brewers this year. :)

Paul_Long71

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 2:50 pm

all drops prior to the Supp. Draft have now been processed and are no longer on your team screen on Google Doc

Paul_Long71

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 7:54 pm

again, please send proxies. this is taking wayyyyy tooooo long.

jmlopp

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 8:49 pm

HI!
Sorry so late. I normally get to use my work computers but not today.

My telephone number is 336-784-8760 call or text me and I will get you a pick.

Mike 8-)

dc irish

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Jonathan Villar SS Hou/Milwaukee

rburgh

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 pm

this is taking wayyyyy tooooo long

I'm not sure why you think this. 24 guys have to process a hell of a lot of information to determine (a) who's still protected, (b) who's available, (c ) who's having a good season, (d) who might get reinstated from the DL or returned to the majors, and (e) what their team needs might be. First rounds are typically untimed, for good reason, and this one has more need of that than most.

It would go a lot faster if the draft pool was restricted to last year's carded players, but then only about a dozen guys would get taken.

fredpaii

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Villar is on heekin's team...repick

dc irish

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:39 pm

Daniel Descalso SS COL (now) on the assumption that he is available, lol... Sorry, thought I scoured the rosters for Villar, and since Fister and Foltyniewcz were my first two picks and taken... Grrr...
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat