D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

piloneus382

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 pm

fredpaii wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:we can discuss that and vote on it if needed. Only 9 of 24 managers are involved in round 3, the rest chose to only drop 2 guys. so round 3 should be pretty quick.

I don't see anything wrong with three rounds. Let those who don't want to draft three players only draft two or less and let those who want three players - draft three players. What's wrong with that? What am I missing?

whats the rush? is the start of the next league even imminent? if we're only doing 2 per year (as the constitution says) i'd rather spread them out a bit.

fredpaii

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 8:18 pm

piloneus382 wrote:
fredpaii wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:we can discuss that and vote on it if needed. Only 9 of 24 managers are involved in round 3, the rest chose to only drop 2 guys. so round 3 should be pretty quick.

I don't see anything wrong with three rounds. Let those who don't want to draft three players only draft two or less and let those who want three players - draft three players. What's wrong with that? What am I missing?

whats the rush? is the start of the next league even imminent? if we're only doing 2 per year (as the constitution says) i'd rather spread them out a bit.

The constitution says three per year.

Paul_Long71

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 9:13 pm

yep. rules say 3 per year. I just answered big by saying we could discuss it and vote on it if necessary. can always vote to change the rules. figured we could discuss if needed here while waiting on this one to end. picks have come in nicely.

piloneus382

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 pm

the first line of the google doc says

1) There will be 2 seasons played each year; Season 1 will begin after the Initial spring free agent draft - Season 2 will begin in ???  1st week of Sept?  Vacations should be done, and kiddos back at school??  yay/nay?

Paul_Long71

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 pm

yep, it was never clarified when we would start season 2. I thought I'd send out an email after the supp draft with 3 options and just vote on them. does that sound ok?

piloneus382

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 9:31 pm

thats fine but you had previously stated there are 3 seasons per year, which, according to the doc is false

fredpaii

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 pm

ha...Piloneus, you were referring to SOM seasons? There's only two of those. Of course we could vote on that too but I don't know of any Keeper league that plays that many...always a first time though. :D

Me and Paul were referring to Supplemental draft picks per year.

FALCON29

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 pm

fredpaii wrote:

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'Shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe...'

There you have it. Three it is!

fredpaii

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Go Falcon! Go Falcon!

jmlopp

PostTue Jun 14, 2016 6:27 am

Make me want to draft.............A HERRING!!! :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat