Summer - Winter Keeper League - SEASON 30

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Summer - Winter Keeper League

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 6:50 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:

Ninersphan and I cannot reach a middle ground to correcr the issue with the trade at issue. I have offered the 3rd prospect #36 that I,own or next year's 3rd prospect pick, neither of which were acceptable. So now it goes to Terry for how to deal with this or disapprove tbe deal that shluld not have been approved by the league.

That's not entirely true, the offer i made was deemed unacceptable. I asked if i could be guaranteed a pick of not less than the 29th overall selection as that is the current value of the pick in question ( I believe), with a suggestion of 3rd round pick next year if it's between 25th and 29th and if not then a 2nd round pick as compensation for making me wait the extra year. that was resoundingly shot down and Dave has gotten a bit offended in the process.

Not my intention, I'm simply trying to keep the value of the pick and/or make up for the delay.

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:00 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:

Ninersphan and I cannot reach a middle ground to correcr the issue with the trade at issue. I have offered the 3rd prospect #36 that I,own or next year's 3rd prospect pick, neither of which were acceptable. So now it goes to Terry for how to deal with this or disapprove tbe deal that shluld not have been approved by the league.

That's not entirely true, the offer i made was deemed unacceptable. I asked if i could be guaranteed a pick of not less than the 29th overall selection as that is the current value of the pick in question ( I believe), with a suggestion of 3rd round pick next year if it's between 25th and 29th and if not then a 2nd round pick as compensation for making me wait the extra year. that was resoundingly shot down and Dave has gotten a bit offended in the process.

Not my intention, I'm simply trying to keep the value of the pick and/or make up for the delay.

Offended? Really? Because I did not agree with your offer? You didnt agree with my offers either, so ypu deemed those unacceptable also.

Value of the pick? How much difference between a 3rd prospect between 29 and 36 or no worse that 36 next year? Prospect draft in this league is weak compared to some others as there are 4 rounds here.

I made a couple of offers and you did agree with any of them, you made one offer and I did not agree, so that pretty much sums it up, we could not reach an agreement to the resulution to this.

Perhaps we should just void the trade all together.

Ninersphan

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't know if voiding the trade is possible as I believe it involved moving in last year's prospect draft so I don't think that's an option. Again 'I'm not 100% certiN as I have a really hard time deciferring Terry's recording of deals.

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Deal could still be revoked as the prospect pick in question is the 3rd prospect pick '15, meaning 2015 cards, not 2015 the year. Different that how Ninersphan leagues are run.

Ninersphan

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:24 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:Deal could still be revoked as the prospect pick in question is the 3rd prospect pick '15, meaning 2015 cards, not 2015 the year. Different that how Ninersphan leagues are run.

I all seriousness, if you moved up in a previous draft, and have already received that benifit, how can the deal be recinded?? It's not like swapping players back to their original teams.

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Its up to Terry to try and come up with away to resolve the trade issue. Negotiations have failed, I see no reasonable resolution.

tcochran

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Guys, this is not a big deal!

First of all, the original deal involved trading a player plus a pick for another player -- those players have already played, so the deal can not be voided at this point.

Second, yes, lakeviewdave inadvertently traded a pick that he had previously traded. A mistake, but it happens

Third, yes, if lakeviewdave gives Ninerspahn another prospect pick for the current year, then Niners will have to either promote one of his current prospects or forfeit one of his prospect picks.

Note: How to read the Google doc: The roster page for each season shows the current season trades and anything that is still outstanding from previous seasons. To look back on an earlier trade, just review the tabs for the earlier seasons. All of the original detail is still there; it is just not brought forward when it is obsolete.

So, Niners, do you want to promote one of your prospects, in order to have room for another?

Or do you want to force Dave to give you one of his remaining prospect picks in the current draft and then just forfeit your last pick?

Seems to me that any pick in the next draft is a reasonable choice -- but then I encourage managers resolving their own issues and do not typically issue commish edicts.

What's your pleasure?

Ninersphan

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm completely confused cause I'm not sure why it should be either or. What I don't want is pick 36 when the pick I should get is 29. If he has a pick between 26 and 32 in this draft then sure I'll take that and make a promotion and still have 5 picks. Not sure why I only would get to make a promotion if it's just pick 36?????

lakeviewdave

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 8:31 pm

If you could read the only 3rd prospect pick I have is at #36. Next year's 3rd prospect pick is now not an option to consider. I have picks 9, 14, 22 and 36. Picks 9, 14, and 22 are not going anywhere. Picks 26 to 32 is irrelevant. As stated via PM, when deal was originally made 1i months ago with Champ, all anyone knew was that it was a 3rd prospect pick.

Ninersphan

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 8:31 pm

You know what, forget it, forget the whole thing it ain't worth it. Just drop the whole thing.

I really don't give a flying no know what anymore.

Just tell me when we are drafting.

And Dave don't send me any more offers.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat