1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jerlins

Re: NAKL Chat

PostThu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

All is good here too. Real world stuff is always first.

schnoogens

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 am

Totally get it - just wanted to keep us up towards the top with the bumps and we'll get it going when we can.

Roscodog

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 5:02 pm

available

Nelson-SP
Raburn-OF
Gose-CF
H.Ramirez-1B
Upton-LF
Rosnethal-RP

schnoogens

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Bump

lakeviewdave

PostSun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 am

Players available

Garrett Richards SP*
Andrew Chafin LH RP R2
Prince Fielder 1B
David Peralta OF
Adam Jones CF
Devon Travis 2B
James McCann C
Justin Bour 1B
Yordano Ventura SP
Bryan Holaday C
Mike Leake SP
Jake McGee RP

Looking for starting pitching, youth, picks/upgraded prospect picks. PM if interested.

Ninersphan

PostSun Aug 21, 2016 4:10 pm

So I had planned to spend time this weekend working on league stuff and possibly getting season two headed towards the starting line.

Well lets just say, man plans, God laughs.

Yesterday, my wife noticed some brown staining on the vaulted ceiling of our family room. "We might have a roof leak" she said. I said, "That's not the roof, that's the attic floor overhead, let me go up and check it out."

So I did. :shock: :cry:

The attic contains the air handler for the second floor air conditioning, and my vast comic collection, about 30 or so long boxes. (I'm sure you all see where this is going). Anyway, I get upstairs and find the drip pan under the air handler is filled to the top and has over flowed onto the floor of the attic soaking 4 long boxes worth of comics, ( which may have actually helped limit damage to the floor/ceiling of the attic/family room).
Needless to say any OTHER plans i had for the weekend went right out the window, to concentrate on clean up.

So again I apologize for the late start. and hope I will find time this coming week.

schnoogens

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 9:22 am

Niners - sounds like a mess! Do what you need to do on the home front and we will all be ready when you are.

Jerlins

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 1:33 am

If we plan on doing a spring/fall league moving forward, may i suggest putting to a vote the elimination of the supplemental summer draft. The timing of this draft pretty much ends up being the first 3 rounds of the spring draft, as all the statistics of available free agents are basically known. Players most likely drafted in the 1st 3 rounds of the spring draft, for the most part, will be drafted in this years supplemental draft instead. I've always been of the mindset that a draft in June allows managers to speculate on players who are having good 1/4 to 1/2 years, 50% of which end up fading as the season moves on anyway. That speculation has pretty much ended, as the summer draft this year will end about the same time as the last pitch is thrown. Thoughts?

schnoogens

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Jerlins wrote:If we plan on doing a spring/fall league moving forward, may i suggest putting to a vote the elimination of the supplemental summer draft. The timing of this draft pretty much ends up being the first 3 rounds of the spring draft, as all the statistics of available free agents are basically known. Players most likely drafted in the 1st 3 rounds of the spring draft, for the most part, will be drafted in this years supplemental draft instead. I've always been of the mindset that a draft in June allows managers to speculate on players who are having good 1/4 to 1/2 years, 50% of which end up fading as the season moves on anyway. That speculation has pretty much ended, as the summer draft this year will end about the same time as the last pitch is thrown. Thoughts?

I have to agree with this. It's a huge detriment to someone trying to rebuild with a high spring pick but then the value gets mostly pilfered through the supplemental. I'd even be open to us enacting this now.

schnoogens

PostWed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 am

Any update?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat