D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Eddie E

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 4:57 pm

When is the second half results posted so that I know where this team finished and is drafting?

Is there a list of available players sent out prior to the draft?

Paul_Long71

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 5:06 pm

I will post the results of 2nd season soon. just need a little time. your team went 73-89 in season 2 but better in season 1 so you'll be in the top 1/2 of the draft somewhere. There is not a list of players sent out as by rule you can draft anyone that has played in a mlb game in the FA draft (that is not already on a team). There is a tab on the spreadsheet of alphabetically selected players. I will cross check it to see that any dropped players have been removed from that list when I update the league. There is a lot of down time ahead as the FA draft isn't until the Spring/Feb. probably after new cards are released.

Eddie E

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to the upcoming year.

hveed

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey everyone.

Just wondering if there is any support for restricting the FA drafts to carded players only?

My reasoning is that having uncarded players on rosters restricts trading by reducing the number of players in the league. Because we are bound to SOM roster requirements, it is not that difficult to bump up against those restrictions if a team is carrying a couple of non-carded guys. This is already going to start being a problem due to the aggressive prospect promotion rules we have in this league where teams are going to start carrying prospects on their 30 man roster rather than lose them. Things can get pretty wonky fast if in a year or 2 everyone is carrying 2 or 3 unusable players.

Any one else have thoughts?

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm

I would be in favor of that hveed. Would make it easier to research for FA drafts as well. I would be willing to put this out for a vote. by our rules, it would need 16 yes votes to pass. If anyone else wants me to send out a motion for a vote, let me know. I'll wait to send this out until others have commented but I think it's a simple rule (some can get pretty complicated) that doesn't need tweaking that is worth voting on.

hveed

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Yeah that was one of the other reasons it came to mind.

It made sense for our very first draft since there were veteran players who had missed the previous season(s) and might not have been carded but people would still have interest in. Moving forward I think it benefits the league to have fewer uncarded roster spots.

Eddie E

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 pm

This isnt a vote since I really havent been in the league long enough. However, what hveed says makes sense to me. It would also simplify things in terms of researching who is available for the draft.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 6:11 pm

yep, when it is vote time, I'll send out a mass email and everyone can respond to it. This is just for hashing out the pros cons prior to a vote.

ycbill

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 pm

I like the option of keeping uncarded names on my roster to cover possible returns from injury (Wainwright) or, much less likely, retirement (Adam LaRoche anyone?).

fredpaii

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 pm

ycbill, I sent you a PM.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat